Just for anyone on the market, I was just at Sam Ash and they have:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JEM77V-Steve-Vai-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515573

... on closeout for $1899.00. Use a 20% coupon with that and it is a pretty good deal.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
doesn't look like advertising to me. guitarists should totally share good deals when they find them. like the guy who said musiciansfriend would give you 20% off for mentioning a certain product.

and i guess the black JEMs are on the way out. maybe not, but i thought there was a new JEM being put into production soon...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
No, I am not advertising, guys. I posted about 2 weeks ago because I was comparing this guitar and a Jackson Warrior WR-1. When I went to the store I was shocked to see the closeout tag. I asked him if there were only a few available and he said they have quite a few they can get.

Just a pretty good price I came across and wanted you guys to know about it before it went away. I wish they 7w was on closeout because I prefer the Alder body, but I might pick this one up just because at that price it is hard to turn down.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
Why won't you go used ?
I scored my 2 jems at ridiculous prices of $1300 and $1200.