ok so I work at GC and I think I found a fake in the store. it says custom shop on the back of the headstock. no serial on the headstock. front of the headstock has the fender logo and contour body but it looks like stickers. serial number is on the neckplate. starts with R3****** . the back trem cover is thin cheap white plastic with rough edges. rosewood is very dry big pores. eggshell white body. white pickgaurd. rust is starting to show up by the five way switch. sorry no pics. ask questions and I'll check it out when I go back.

is it fake?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Sounds fake to me.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
yeah but if it IS a custom shop can anyone elaborate on the R3 serial on the neckplate. and why it doesn't have a custom shop neckplate with the big V
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by fullsailstudent
ok so I work at GC and I think I found a fake in the store. it says custom shop on the back of the headstock. no serial on the headstock. front of the headstock has the fender logo and contour body but it looks like stickers. serial number is on the neckplate. starts with R3****** . the back trem cover is thin cheap white plastic with rough edges. rosewood is very dry big pores. eggshell white body. white pickgaurd. rust is starting to show up by the five way switch. sorry no pics. ask questions and I'll check it out when I go back.

is it fake?
Correct.

Correct with the CS V under the SN.

Ask your boss!

Quote by fullsailstudent
yeah but if it IS a custom shop can anyone elaborate on the R3 serial on the neckplate. and why it doesn't have a custom shop neckplate with the big V
Some CS ones don't have the V - relics, RIs, etc,

Quote by Ippon
Ask your boss!

Most logical answer that is possible. Your boss would know where the guitar came from.
Dont all Fender guitars have Fender stamped stuff? IE saddles, tuners whatever. Also I am guessing your boss would know if it was fake.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
it has fender stamped sadles and I guess we are going to ask the guitar tech cause he is a fender freak.

also still has the silver sticker over the whammy bar hole. like it never had a bar installed or its a new bridge. two point trem. so I'm guessing custom deluxe but what year? or am I just wrong?
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by fullsailstudent
the manager is a drummer so let that sink in.

A drummer... who works at GC... if you ask your boss, he'll tell you that it isn't a Fender guitar, it's a Gibson distortion pedal, complete with whammy.

"But... but boss... that's a whammy bar."

"Yeah, I know. It makes the whammy effects more pronounced. It's like an antenna."
its not even funny anymore. he's actually a good guy who knows enough about guitars to sell them. when you've been doing it for 12 years you get to know guitars. he just hasn't memorized all the serial numbers for 50 years of fender. so give it a rest you dont know him.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by fullsailstudent
the manager is a drummer so let that sink in.

...I'm confused.... You just made a drummer joke about your manager, and now you're telling me to get off his back?
According to Fender's website, the "R" denotes it being made in Japan from 2004-2005.

Quote by mamosa
...I'm confused.... You just made a drummer joke about your manager, and now you're telling me to get off his back?

Careful, you might get warned again
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
yeah so this drummer is going to look at a guitar and tell you its a pedal. thats the joke about drummers they dont know what a guitar looks like. they only know what a drum stick is.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
GOT IT!

It's a Fender Custom Deluxe Stratocaster in vintage white.

EDIT:

http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=1509900882

DOUBLEDIT: I deserve some love, I sifted through an old Fender Custom Shop magazine PDF file to find that.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by Wulphy at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by fullsailstudent
I'm guessing custom deluxe but what year? or am I just wrong?

thank you for knowing what a custom deluxe is. you get a cookie (:·

weird thing is this color has been discontinued and the fretboard has a chip in the finnish. but the sticker on the bridge is like its brand new. also if you look at the pic of the 2009 it has solid saddles. also I dont think that the custom shop would put a cheap trem cover on a guitar. and the stickers on the headstock. its definitely used/older.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by fullsailstudent

I thought I was saving the day
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
you did. I didn't even realize that custom deluxe always have R serial. now I just gotta figure out why the cheap trem cover and what year it is. anyway the thing is sweet. the staff will all tell you its a winner.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Quote by fullsailstudent

weird thing is this color has been discontinued and the fretboard has a chip in the finnish. but the sticker on the bridge is like its brand new. also if you look at the pic of the 2009 it has solid saddles. also I dont think that the custom shop would put a cheap trem cover on a guitar. and the stickers on the headstock. its definitely used/older.

What color are the dots on it, and do you know how many holes there are for the pick guard? Is it the standard 11, or is it 8?

EDIT: Someone could have just put a trem cover on it, if you look at the custom shop website it doesn't come with a white trem cover to begin with.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
ohhhh snap. you are the F*cking man. so he got a trem cover off ebay and it was a cheapo china one. thats gotta devalue a custom shop guitar somewhat. its a maple fretboard black dots. and I'll check how many holes in the pick guard tomorrow. also the tech will be there.
Quote by BigDC
Quote by Gibshall
Last edited by fullsailstudent at Sep 9, 2009,
Also, American Deluxe Strats produced between 1998 and 2001 had a standard 4-bolt neck fixing. The contoured neck heel has been introduced in 2002.

Don't go yet. Is the color more like this:
http://www.gtrheaven.com/images/Fender_EJstrat_Blonde.jpg

or

http://www.debbiedavies.com/images/gear/luna.jpg
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by fullsailstudent
the first one. egg shell white. and its a standard heel

That model was only produced in 1998. You have your year.

EDIT: And that solidifies it. They stopped using the standard heel in 2001.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by mamosa
A drummer... who works at GC... if you ask your boss, he'll tell you that it isn't a Fender guitar, it's a Gibson distortion pedal, complete with whammy.

"But... but boss... that's a whammy bar."

"Yeah, I know. It makes the whammy effects more pronounced. It's like an antenna."

*pear removed*
Quote by xtheclincherx
*pear*

Nice knowing you man

Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.