so i'm thinking about getting a new guitar
in your opinion, what's better, a fake gibson made in china, or a high end epi? (lp customs)
anything's better than a fake. it might not play better, but seriously? go for a tokai before you do something like buy a knock off. plus the tokai's are supposed to be decent.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
When you say fake do you mean a knockoff brand like Agile or SX or something that says Gibson but is not a genuine Gibson?
I mean, companies like Tokai make pretty sweet Gibby copies. Edwards which is a...like...japanese version of ESP makes AWESOME Les Paul copies. But they cost around 800-1500. I'm trying to get an Edwards JImmy Page Paul.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Buy a higher end Agile imo. Yeah, I know it's kinda cliche but they really are great guitars for the price. Like, really great.
You dont know what you are gonna get with the cheap gibson copies. It could be playable or be useless. I bought a fender strat a few years ago on a trip to china, just to have something to play while there and not be upset if it got broke in my luggage. I ended up throwing most of it in the garbage it was so poorly made, saved the neck as a handle to paint guitar bodies with.

You will at least get a warranty with a epi or agile.
You get what you pay for... But if you buy a knockoff with gibson written on it then your paying in part for that. If you buy a legit brand then your not paying for them to try to make it look like a gibson and instead you're paying for a better made instrument
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by aznguitarg0d
second one lol
like cheap kine from china

Fake Gibsons from China tend to be both cheap and of low quality. I've heard of some people buying those guitars only to find out that they are missing a truss rod.

Play it safe and buy something from a reputable company.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I mean, companies like Tokai make pretty sweet Gibby copies. Edwards which is a...like...japanese version of ESP makes AWESOME Les Paul copies. But they cost around 800-1500. I'm trying to get an Edwards JImmy Page Paul.

ESPs are japanese, Edwards are the higher quality MIJ LTDs
besides the fact it is a felony to even possess a counterfeit guitar in most countries. here is what Ibanez says and Imo they are counterfeited less than Gibbos.

http://www.ibanez.com/support/counterfeits.aspx
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Sep 8, 2009,
Epi les paul standard. The tokais are good to i played a couple an the sound nice imo
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Go for a burny. they go on ebay fairly cheap.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
high end epi, i recommend the prophecy series LP, plays awesome and you have the choice of epi actives or dirty finger pickups, comes in red or black maple flamed
Quote by aznguitarg0d
second one lol
like cheap kine from china

1. Those are god-awful instruments.
2. Owning a counterfeit, especially knowingly, is a felony in the US.

Anyway, I'd recommend one of these;

http://www.dillionguitars.com/guitar/electric/DL/DL6500/

A friend of mine owns one of these, they're absolutely stunning and only $600 or so through a dealer.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by BigRyeguy
Buy a higher end Agile imo. Yeah, I know it's kinda cliche but they really are great guitars for the price. Like, really great.

+1