Haven't seen a thread on this in here so here goes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9iS2egnC0

Who's seen it and who wants to go see it? Looks interesting enough to me
looks good, all the release dates are in US cities anyone know if it will show in Canadian theatres to?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD
EVH Phase 90
Boss DD-7
Traynor YCS50
...whoa...

i have to go see it.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Eh, I might see it if I don't have something else to do. It has some potential but could just be boring as ****.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I really want to see it. They're releasing it over here in about 2 weeks.

I don't know if it's showing anywhere but what they have on the Sony site.
Quote by mmolteratx
Eh, I might see it if I don't have something else to do. It has some potential but could just be boring as ****.

It'd be a must see if it had Slash instead of the Edge, no?

I mean, seriously, the Edge? The ****ing Edge?
Quote by imgooley

Yea, I'd definitely see it if it had someone like Slash. The Edge just doesn't fit in with Page or White. If they had someone that complemented those two better, like someone with some really bluesy roots, I'd go see it for sure. Hell, I'd even probably see it if it had EVH instead. But I guess I'll go see it next Sunday just to see what's up.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've seen it. It's pretty good. It's a documentary, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or rhythm the lay-out. The only thing is, it isn't in many theathers. It's out in literally a couple of theaters in all of Orange County.

EDIT: The Edge isn't my favorite guitarist, but he's quite a contrast to the other guys (POSITIVELY SPEAKING). I didn't know much about Jack White; he was pretty cool.
Last edited by TheLetheProject at Sep 7, 2009,
I can't stand jack white most of the time (tune damn it!) and never been a u2 fan, but I may go see it. Not really looking forward to it
Quote by imgooley

Well, on one hand Slash would keep it centred around blues-based guitarists but on the other, I'm pretty sure that the Edge knows his shit about guitars and he brings a different voice to the conversation.
Jimmy and Jack would probably play Son House back and forth for two hours if you'd let them.
Alternatively, the Edge is there so that Jimmy and Jack can know that they're cooler than him.

I mean, he isn't my favourite guitarist either but he has been doing this whole famous musician thing for a while.

Personally, I'd fill the age gap with Satch or Gilbert but I suppose that that wouldn't sell movies.
There have actually been several threads on this.

It looks sorta interesting... I wouldn't go out of my way to see it though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
looks kinda interesting, opens this week nearish to me. if i was still home i could go this week. i might make an effort to go see it, looks pretty interesting. and who can pass up a documentary on guitars and guitarists?

that said, dunno why people bag on the edge so much. he doesnt pretend to be anything he isnt. he knows he uses a lot of effects and thats how he gets his sound. he is good at what he does and really pioneered some stuff with effects usage. its not like he is a bad guitarist covering up his mistakes with effects. i think it could be really interesting to see how he works and such. i mean you have jack white who always seems like kind of a minimalist to me, then page who is big into layering and production, then the edge with all his gizmos. you get three approaches there and seeing them all could be really informative/cool.
Quote by a7xplayer
There has already been a few threads on this. And you are in the wrong forum.

This is completely relevant to guitar gear and accessories.

Quote by pak1351
I can't stand jack white most of the time (tune damn it!) and never been a u2 fan, but I may go see it. Not really looking forward to it

I like Jack White

Quote by TheLetheProject
I've seen it. It's pretty good. It's a documentary, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or rhythm the lay-out. The only thing is, it isn't in many theathers. It's out in literally a couple of theaters in all of Orange County.

EDIT: The Edge isn't my favorite guitarist, but he's quite a contrast to the other guys (POSITIVELY SPEAKING). I didn't know much about Jack White; he was pretty cool.

I used to live within walking distance of University Square Edwards in Irvine, and it's playing there. Unfortunately, I don't live there anymore.
Eh, none of those guitarists really interest me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if they put John frusciante in there instead of the Edge, I would go see it in a heart beat
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by jof1029

that said, dunno why people bag on the edge so much. he doesnt pretend to be anything he isnt. he knows he uses a lot of effects and thats how he gets his sound. he is good at what he does and really pioneered some stuff with effects usage. its not like he is a bad guitarist covering up his mistakes with effects. i think it could be really interesting to see how he works and such. i mean you have jack white who always seems like kind of a minimalist to me, then page who is big into layering and production, then the edge with all his gizmos. you get three approaches there and seeing them all could be really informative/cool.

^This.

Unfortunately, I live in Kentucky and apparently Sony doesn't think musicians live there. So I would have to drive to Cincinnati or Nashville to see it.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
I'm going to see it Friday with my dad, best way to bond with my dad til I hit 21 is guitars so I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I've always liked Jack White, Jimmy Page is legendary and The Edge, as stated before, brings in a totally different view of things. All of them have been innovators in their own way, Jack and Edge in almost opposing ways, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Eh, none of those guitarists really interest me.

lol k

It was honestly a really damn cool documentary, please go watch it if you're interested at all about the history of three very large musical journeys and 3 very different takes on music.

And please stop dissing the edge. Dude has an astonishingly good track record.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Page is the only one i would pay to see.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by jof1029
you have jack white who always seems like kind of a minimalist to me, then page who is big into layering and production, then the edge with all his gizmos. you get three approaches there and seeing them all could be really informative/cool.

I believe this was the angle of the movie to begin with. A whole show about the very different ways to make music on the guitar, rather than a show about who can wank longer and better on their guitars.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Really? The Edge shouldn't be in there? What about Jack f***'ing White?

Also: the Edge => Deluxe Memory Man, which is awesome.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top (Wine red)
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
EHX Little Big Muff
EHX Small Clone
EHX Deluxe Memory Man
All three of them are damn good guitarists. I think the bread goes to Page though. When the Levee breaks, black country woman, going to california ... Those songs are the ****!
The times they are a changin'.....