Hi guys, can someone help me? I was recording stuff with audacity then when I finished I noticed a strange humming noise coming from the speakers, they are also sounding lower than before (at max volume i can barely hear them). I reinstalled the drivers and restarted but that didnt fix it. Also the speakers aren't damaged because i tested them with my mp3 player and they sounded good.

PD I already asked in the computer thread but no one answered
Try turning down all the mic and input volumes and see if it goes away. Usually in computer recording there is some hum and noise that enters.
They've come. It's time. You're picking up the electronic waves emitting from the hyper thrusters.
Simply walk out into the street and they will take you away.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
The government is watching you with aural spy drones. Go outside and aim a magnifying glass at the arc point of the sun and counteract their satellites from behind a protective sheet of magnesium coated titanium for protection from mind control rays.

Then go back inside, restart your computer and it should have stopped. If it doesn't, then you may have a transmitter that has been planted inside your sector.

Good luck.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by ZonedOut245
Try turning down all the mic and input volumes and see if it goes away. Usually in computer recording there is some hum and noise that enters.

I did it but didnt work
Quote by piola998
I did it but didnt work

Open up the back of your hard drive and examine the components the mother board is attached to. It sounds like an agent has possibly infiltrated your home while you were out or asleep and attached a chromium diode which is possibly dampening your computers performance to distract you while they extract personal information and data from your hard disk.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Did you lower the volume at the software or when you right click the speaker at the right bottom of the screen and press recording devices? Have you tried other software? Reaper's pretty good. It's more of an overall DAW; audacity just records.