Well, I guess I ate my own words. I got a second guitar!

I found a Squier Stratocaster at a garage sale this past Saturday for a whopping $20. I know I didn't need another guitar, but for the price I figured it was too good to pass up.

And I know better than to make a "NGD" thread without pics, so here you go:

Sorry the pictures are pretty crappy, but I figure crappy pics are better than no pics!

So, why does the thread say "NGD... Sorta"? Well, my Guitar Hero-loving younger brother suddenly wants to buy it off me -_-

I figured it might be the case, but as long as it's being used (and not destroyed) I'm happy. And if he loses interest, it's going to be turned into a Monterey Strat tribute!

Later
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I say let him use it. If he gets good then you have someone to jam with, if he doesn't then there really isn't a downside- just take the guitar back.

HNGD
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
pictures are pretty green...do you live in the matrix??

hngd!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
pictures are pretty green...do you live in the matrix??

"There is no spoon" lol

Nah, I just used the "Auto fix" feature to increase the brightness :P
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by leftyace
I say let him use it. If he gets good then you have someone to jam with, if he doesn't then there really isn't a downside- just take the guitar back.

Yeah, I let him buy it off me (I'm so nice I sold it to him for $20)

I figure I didn't want him to just borrow it, because if he owned it he'd be more likely to take care of it.

But if he grows tired of it, it's turning into a Monterey Strat!
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Even for 20 bucks I still wouldn't buy a Squier. Good guitar to destroy on stage though. Congrats on your new addition!

It's a good guitar to start on, and for $20 why not? Besides, you can also use it to practice modding a guitar.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
$20 seems fair...i would have done the same and just grabbed it
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Turn it into a Frankenstrat

I thought about that too, but it doesn't have the 70's Strat headstock, also no maple fretboard. But it fits a Monterey Strat pretty well.
Quote by Century
$20 seems fair...i would have done the same and just grabbed it

I'm glad to hear someone agrees with me.

I almost didn't grab it, seeing as I already have a MIM Strat, but I figured that I could always sell it (and break even at least) if I didn't want it.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Even for 20 bucks I still wouldn't buy a Squier. Good guitar to destroy on stage though. Congrats on your new addition!

I've played Squiers that sound better then US strats.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.