Hi there
Can you read this from that far away?

Good.

I'm going to buy a new electric guitar, as you may have guessed from the title.
I've been playing for a decade or so, since I was ten years old.

Several guitars have bitten the dust at my hands, the latest addition to the trash heap being a Jackson whose f-spaced bridge pickup I swapped out for a rather underwhelming DiMarzio PAF.

I'm now looking for something that can coo like a morning dove but also growl, hiss and spit like a jungle cat.

Something with impeccable style, stage presence, and sound.
Something green... preferably.

I recently acquired a vintage '67 Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp ( ), which is in need of repair, but will soon be up-and-running. I need an instrument capable of filling all those vacuum tubes with musical splendor.

My playing techniques involve a lot of unorthodox methodology like lap sliding, tapping the fretboard with my right hand, quickly bouncing all of my right-hand fingers off the strings around the bridge to get a pseudo-harmonic texture out of chords, use lots of harmonics (just plucked off the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th 12th frets etc., not big into pinching)

My budget is around $500, a little flexible if I can find something amazingly perfect.
I would prefer a semi-chunky bridge humbucker but also some very warm and clean tones on the neck, and no floyd rose bridges, they give me headaches. I would like 24 frets on the neck as I find it makes it easier to relocate chords and arpeggios when I'm playing up high. I'm open to any suggestions. Solid, semi-hollow, 7-string, anything unusual and sexy.

I feel like I'm cheating by asking a community of guitar experts for their opinions, I believe that a truly good player should seek out his instrument like an aboriginal shaman seeks out the termite-hollowed eucalyptus branch for his dijaridu. Kind of a sacred spiritual voyage.

I'm really thinking though, I've made some pretty crap guitars sound pretty awesome, and I'll probably do the whole shamanic voyage thing when I have five grand to spend on a guitar. Meanwhile with a tenth of that budget... Please do provide some ideas ^_^

Here are some guitars that have piqued my interest lately to get an idea of my style.

Thanks,
Seb.
might wanna look into a schecter hollywood classic if u coudl get ur hands on one. i ve never actully played it but i love and trust any scheter to be a solid guitar. and this one's got some duncans r sumthing like that i bet it would sound sweet... plus i love the look... that my b just personal preference tho. u would proly pay closer to 700 bucks for it soo idk its just a thought... definatly one im going to look at when i go to buy aother guitar.... oh and stay away from epiphone at all costs...if u didnt already no that.lol
I Shit You Not
Only problem is it's a bit out of my price range at the moment...
Any other suggestions?
I'd get the Ibanez RG350DX/EX.
I have the DX, and it's fantastic for Rock, Metal
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Hmmm, that Ibanez is interesting mostly for its pickup configuration. I dig the dual humbuckers with a single coil in the middle idea... But the looks are just not there for me ! :P
Keep em coming I've gotten some good ideas from this!
The Schecter Hollywood Classic is a great guitar, and so is the C-1 Blackjack. They're prices are higher than your budget, so I suggest you save up and get one of them. They're very versatile and have great features. The Blackjack is also available in a 7-string version. Save up and buy a Schecter. If you can't save up, check out the Ibanez RG321 guitar. It feels good, looks good, and sounds good. The pickups are a bit weak for metal in my opinion but they get the job done. Since you're considering a 7-string, check out the RG7321.
Last edited by Amer91 at Sep 8, 2009,
You are in UK and you talk in dollars? Either way look at www.tcellisguitars.co.uk and especially at his Mantis 1 model. I don't know the price but his LP's are under £300 so won't be terrible. The way he builds should stand up to even your style of playing.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Thanks for the suggestions, I do rather like the pearl fretboard inlay & 24 frets on the schecter... Ibanez RG321 is a bit plain
Lurcher- I'm in the UK studying but I'm from Bermuda where we use dollarz, ja ja. And my style of playing isn't rough! And your link is teh dead.
sg mite be a good choice. Prs also good tho. Either would b a good choice imo
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.