They are pretty good. I played one in a pawn shop. I have no idea about how good the wiring/sound/etc. is, but it felt damn good.

And from what I've heard, they're damn good.
Quote by mamosa
They are pretty good. I played one in a pawn shop. I have no idea about how good the wiring/sound/etc. is, but it felt damn good.

And from what I've heard, they're damn good.

By the looks of them on ebay they're damn cheap too This is why i'm kind of skeptical, i'm just wondering if they're cheap for the fact they're an obscure japanese make or that they're all terribly flawed or something
If it's affordable then it would be cool to get one just for the novelty. A lot of guitarist play odd and rare guitars just for that reason.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
I had one. An ET 200 that I got in a package deal. They are cool for what they are but I personally wouldn't buy one other than to just have it. Don't get me wrong, it sounded cool for what it was, but needless to say I sold it on Ebay as soon as I got it and fixed the tuning peg. I would use the $100-$150 or whatever towards something else I wanted and I really like vintage stuff. Try to play one somewhere if you can before deciding though. It may be the coolest thing you ever tried.
I just looked them up on ebay. They look really cool. It would definitely turn heads and you would get a lot of questions. Always a good think in a world full of LPs and Strats.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by Zmatt
I just looked them up on ebay. They look really cool. It would definitely turn heads and you would get a lot of questions. Always a good think in a world full of LPs and Strats.

that's what i'm thinking because right now im considering trying to find some cheap guitar on ebay but also something that's gonna last me , i like old unusual vintage stuff aswell.

I was considering trying to get a cheap squire tele or strat but everyone has them. There was a teisco up for £50 the other day but i only saw it in the last hour of bidding i would have probably bought it now
Don't get it just to turn heads. Get it if you want a good guitar. If they're not good, don't get them. Get something else.
The teisco del ray tulips (some) are budget guitars. Not all that great, but still pretty nice.

The spectrums are very nice. The teiscos had a lot of weird designs and configurations on 'em.

I missed out on a mint spectrum 2 for $40 on CL. That **** sucked
I own an old teisco and after a new setup and readjusting everything its great.
As a hobby, I buy old Japanese guitars from the '60s, mostly Teisco built, and fix them up. Teisco built the guitars and sold them under a bunch of brand names - Checkmate, Audition, Heit, Kingston, Norma etc.

Here's the deal.....most of these guitars were mass produced inexpensive entry-level guitars with mediocre quality, although a couple were very good.

It's a matter of taste, but I have more fun with the imperfect crackly raw sound from these guitars than I do with my '66 Fender Tele and '83 Fender Stat. Like Jack White and alot of the grunge scene, I prefer unique and not-so-perfect sounds. Again, it's a matter of taste, but to me music with perfect intonation and perfect tone doesn't surprise or excite the way an old Teisco does.

That being said, there are a lot awful Teiscos floating around out there. You still need a straight neck, solid bridge, etc etc. There are some wonderful "players" out there, you just have to ask a lot of questions to ensure the Teisco you get isn't a real piece of crap. Also, keep in mind that because Teiscos were entry-level, these guitars were probably not as well maintained over the years as a Fender, Gibson, etc would have been.