Page 1 of 4
Im a junior who goes to a private high school. I am one of the about 5 out of 120 kids in my grade who don't have a car to drive. I have my license, and am a good driver, but my parents say i have to pay for everything myself. Especially in this economy, it is hard for a 16 year old kid to pay for a car, gas, insurance, and maintenance all by himself.

I work really hard in school and make almost all A's, so its not like im a slacker. I got a job this summer and only made $600, which is not anywhere near what i need, and i cant get a job during the school year because i have sports practices and games on weekends, so i am forced to rely on my parents.

What sucks the most though, is that i was told that i was going to at least get my dads 15 year old minivan, but he gave it to my step sister, who is 1 year older than me.
Will someone please give me advice as to what to do in this situation?

I am tired of being stuck at home on the weekends, as my parents complain every time i ask them to drive me somewhere.
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
What to do? Either suck it up and deal with it or go get a job.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
hey buddy. welcome to life. get over it.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
All I can say is start looking for a job. Or take out a bank loan and find a cheap vehicle and buy it that way.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
that's almost exactly what's happening to me

Edit: why the hell is everyone bashing?? it's not like he said "i wanna car and my parents won't get me one, they're ******s!" he says that he DID have a job so apparently he's making an effort to make money to get a car, it just isn't enough.
Last edited by WExALLxSHINExON at Sep 7, 2009,
First off, "Parents wont buy me a car" is not a question. Second, quite being a little bitch, save your money, and buy your own car. Welcome to life kid...
stop crying, also a couple of my friends bought their first cars for around $700. They aren't the prettiest cars but they get the job done.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
My parents are the same way, deal with it. I don't exactly understand what you want us to tell you.
Ask them to drive you places all the time. If they refuse, just remind them it would be a whole lot easier if you had a car. It may drive them crazy enough to make a deal with you.
lol i didnt expect to get serious answers here. Im not sad just more pissed off

also only titled it that go get attention...dont really expect them to buy me one
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Last edited by chrisg7 at Sep 7, 2009,
aha yeah life's a bitch. my parents won't buy me **** all... i payed for all my own guitars and stuff. and i have a jobs and i could afford a car but i cant cause i gotta pay for school and and the **** that comes along with that. count ur god dam blessings, and idk mayb ride ur bike??
I Shit You Not
Gosh there's some pricks on here..

I think you might need to drop one of your sports or whatever to make time for a job/s.. The more you show independence, the more chance you may have of your parents throwing some money in at a later date.. Don't worry, every family plays favorites.

The fact is, you need to make time to be able to work..
my little brother is spewing this same bull****
boo ****ing hoo
I worked for my car, I worked hard
It took me 7 months of saving, and riding a bike 20 minutes to work ( ****ty fast food job) everyday.
Ask anybody who has had to work hard for something, its feels great when it pays off in the end.

somehow my brother believes that hes entitled to have a vehicle given to him since he got his license
**** you. I've got a job and am paying for my car, why would you get one for nothing? I say good lesson from your parents.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
.......you know... there is a lot of people out there who don't have cars and they find ways of getting around >.>
Quote by Le_Bunny
As for being stuck at home, carpool. Surely one of the 115 kids would give you a lift.
Your parents' lesson is a good one. To learn independence will earn you greater benefits than a car will now.

unless youre a douche...
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
I had to save up to buy my own car because my parents work minimum wage and are drug addicts. Deal.
Quote by Rock1986
unless youre a douche...

nah i just live in the middle of nowhere away from anyone of my friends who would give me a ride
Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by chrisg7
Especially in this economy,

You really think you know anything about "this economy"? You say that it's hard for you, a kid who doesn't even need to pay for rent, food, or electricity to get the money for a car? Did it even cross your mind that "this economy" might just be affecting your parent's income, or that they might not have much spare cash?
Cars are over rated. Wait till your older so insurance won't be so high. SERIOUSLY.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by that_1_dude24
You really think you know anything about "this economy"? You say that it's hard for you, a kid who doesn't even need to pay for rent, food, or electricity to get the money for a car? Did it even cross your mind that "this economy" might just be affecting your parent's income, or that they might not have much spare cash?

i applied for 6 different jobs this summer and none of them hired so i had to do farm work for my grandpa
Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by chrisg7
nah i just live in the middle of nowhere away from anyone of my friends who would give me a ride

Meaning your friends think your a douche, if they liked you they would pick you up...

Sell naked pictures of your mom, either to friends or on the street or hold it as a ransom. They will eventually get you a car.
you want your parents to buy you a car...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
You're 16, what are you winging about?
Buy a bike and cycle, ya lazy feck.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by chrisg7
i applied for 6 different jobs this summer and none of them hired so i had to do farm work for my grandpa

BBBBAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW
What's your point? You can still save money from working there right? Why should your parents have to pay for your car?
Quote by Le_Bunny
As for being stuck at home, carpool. Surely one of the 115 kids would give you a lift.

Your parents' lesson is a good one. To learn independence will earn you greater benefits than a car will now.

Unless they don't like him because he whines too much.
Boo hoo.

I've been on my own since 16 and I've paid for 3 cars.

So suck it up pussy.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by chrisg7
WHINGE WHINE SOOK MOAN

Why don't you ask Jesus for a car?
Page 1 of 4