Ok this may be a dumb question,but I'm sitting here watching an old yngwie dvd and he has like 10 full stacks (I doubt there all hooked up...but I know more than 1 are anyhow) so here's the question...when using more than 1 amp together do you set your tone on each individual amp or just the first one you plug into and put the rest with tone controls at 12 o clock?

Just got curious while watching
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I would think it's all personal preference. Each amp gives out, or could give out a different tone. If each one is different or the same, it will affect the overall tonality of the amps.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Sometimes guitarists use multiple amps to cover a wider tonal range. They might set up amps to get a clean and distorted sound or a thick and thin tone at the same time. There are lots of other reasons though...
Quote by TheLetheProject
Stopped reading here

That's cool rip on yngwie it don't matter....I just don't find newer music to have any substance anymore...even newer malmsteen,vai, and satriani

But thanks for the answers everyone...not like I'll ever be able to afford to have another good amp lol

He's only using one amp, all the amps you see in the wall are just empty cases. He has the real amp that is running somewhere behind that, with probably another amp on standby if anything was to happen. But if someone does use more then 1 amp, they use an A/B/Y box.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
No offence but since when did being able to play amazing solos become a pre-requisite of creating music with "substance?"

It doesn't...I listen to a lot of different stuff...I'm really into van halen,doyle bramhall 2,hendrix,tom petty,neil young,deep purple,black sabbath,blah blah blah.....

I just enjoy a lot of the late 70s early 80 metal bands (pre-hair metal) cause I don't like the way the newer metal sounds....I like the days of passive pickups and cranked up tube amps...just personal prefrence...that's all

And what I meant by substance really was stuff like chickenfoot..I love satch to death but the album dissappointed me....that's what I meant man it sounded like an album full of filler songs by 4 ridiculously talented msucians

You need some tool.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
You need some tool.

I used to listen to them back in school around when undertow came out...I bought the one after that and it didn't really impress me much...I thought perfect circle was pretty cool though...lol

Trust me I've tried a lot of the newer bands out...like children of bodom or whatever,that's all I seen for months in guitar mags so I listened to a few songs and I'm like ok this is it? This is what all the hype is about?

Same with shadows fall...the mags hyped them forever....dissappointing

And I used to be into bls huge...zakk used to be my favorite player but after a few albums I'm like wow he just don't sound interesting to me anymore

Its all good music don't get me wrong and they can play their asses off and they have decent melody going on but I just hate the tone....I just dig more vintage tones... :p yeah I know, I'm a nerd sometimes hahaha

Quote by AxSilentxLine
No offence but since when did being able to play amazing solos become a pre-requisite of creating music with "substance?"

Since Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Mozart, Franz Litz, Do I need to go on
Quote by shredrick
Since Yngwie Malmsteen, Vinnie Moore, Mozart, Franz Litz, Do I need to go on

So by that measure all uncomplex music lacks substance?