Hey guys. i just ordered the new Palm Pre for myself a few days ago. ive been reading alot on it, and i also work at Bell Mobility as a salesman, and ive been getting alot of mixed reviews on the Pre.

im currently using the Blackberry Storm. It's a phone with great potential, but it is crap right now. very unstable system and very unreliable (freezing and crashing all the time)

so yeah. i was wondering if any of you guys have gotten your hands on the Palm Pre. all of the ones i've tried at work seemed pretty sweet and fluid, but sometimes you need a few days to really see what the deal is. to me, it sort of seems like an Iphone, but with a full physical QWERTY keyboard, which is GREAT to have ( i went from a blackberry curve to a blackberry storm...ive never missed a real keyboard so much in my life)

So??? whats the general feeling about the Pre?

thanks
-chris-

P.S. for those of you who live under a rock, this is the phone im talking about:
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
I have an iPhone and actually prefer its touch keyboard.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Friend's had it for about 2 weeks now.

According to him it craps out pretty quick, but its a fun phone.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm waiting for one that can wipe my arse for me.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by joshua122593
iPhone ftw!!

This. The touch keyboard is fine after a month or so.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Alltell HUE ftw!!!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I'm getting it in november. The instinct is a huge POS.

Edit: Oh photoshop!

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
Last edited by ☼Blink☼ at Sep 7, 2009,
hahaha. the instinc is indeed a huge POS. You have no idea how many returns we've had on that phone at the store. i refuse to even sell them anymore.

to the others... i dont recall asking you guys or even caring about what phones y'all use. theres another thread for that. i just wanna know about the ones who've had an experience with the Pre.
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
The Pre is just another phone in a long line of gimmickry that craps out and is just on the bandwagon that every cellular company is on right now. "Exploit Gen Y for as much money as you can before they realise what is happening"
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Dwight Schrute
The Pre is just another phone in a long line of gimmickry that craps out and is just on the bandwagon that every cellular company is on right now. "Exploit Gen Y for as much money as you can before they realise what is happening"

I don't think we should listen to you. Doesn't your ID say you're a security threat?
Quote by BK202
I don't think we should listen to you. Doesn't your ID say you're a security threat?

Dammit Jim is that you?
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Sometimes i feel like the only person in the world who couldn't care less what my cell phone is capable of.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
Sometimes i feel like the only person in the world who could care less what my cell phone is capable of.

Idk about you but it would be troublesome if my phone wasn't capable of making phone calls.
so far I've heard pretty good things about it. Personally i'm waiting till the Touch Pro 2 comes out.
Is your Palm Pre capable of undying love and devotion?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Is your Palm Pre capable of undying love and devotion?

One day. *shakes fist at the sky*
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I'm rockin' one of these as of now:

It's pretty sick. Picked it up on a steal with a 2-year contract a few weeks ago. The guy assured me it was top of the line.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.