I am looking for an acoustic guitar with the following characteristics:
  • cutaway body
  • nice big inlays
  • bound fretboard
  • price not to exceed $750
  • Black or Red in color

I am having a hard time finding one with these qualifications.
TS, if you're going to be that picky about your specs you'll never find a guitar. Be open minded about cosmetics or else you'll never find something good.

In fact, throw cosmetics out the window. Find a guitar that SOUNDS good before you look for the ones that LOOK good.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
TS, if you're going to be that picky about your specs you'll never find a guitar. Be open minded about cosmetics or else you'll never find something good.

In fact, throw cosmetics out the window. Find a guitar that SOUNDS good before you look for the ones that LOOK good.

How about a cutaway, non-electric.
most of the cutaway guitars in your price range i find don't have large inlays. the few that do aren't black or red or don't have binding.
The inlays and color of guitar aren't that important, I can easily be happy with a guitar that doesn't meet those qualifications, I just wanted to see if one existed, as it would have been my preference. One thing that I would like is for it to be a cutaway, also, I don't have a need for the electric portion of the acoustic guitar.
Ovation Elite-T or TX

cutaway body
nice big inlays -- no inlays
bound fretboard -- black binding
price not to exceed $750 -- around $600
Black or Red in color
-- Older models (T - USA) come in Black, Pewter and Red flat texture finish
-- Newer models (TX - Imported) come in black gloss

4 out of 5 ain't too bad
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Sep 10, 2009,