hey everyone here at the ultimate guitar forums.
i was wondering which boss pedal is better, the metal core verses the metal zone.
i like bands likr all that remains, as i lay dying, august burns red, the human abstract, darkest hour, etc

help anyone?
thanks
Last edited by smexycody at Sep 8, 2009,
First of all vs threads aren't allowed. If you asked "which of these is better for metalcore etc" it would be better. That being said I really have no love for either one imo those bands 90% of their distortion from the amps
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 8, 2009,
The MT-2 is better, but they both suck giant dong stock. You can, however, mod the MT-2 to become a great pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
There both poop to me. What's your budget for a distortion pedal, and what's your current amp?
a genz benz diablo 100 watt half stack.
gibson white v
and soon to be a warmoth custom with a floyd, soloist body, d'activators
I think the Genz Benz should be able to get all the distortion you need. If you really need more , you could get a tube screamer or some other overdrive.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by AxSilentxLine
I've only used the el diablo once but it was pretty decent I think a boost or OD would be much better than an all out distortion

could you name a decent pedal?
There's literally hundreds of pure "boost" pedals.

You can get away with eqs, using tube screamers, bad monkeys, sonic maximizers, fuzz boxes, rats, big/little muffs.

You have an el diablo and need more "brutalz"? You sure you're setting up the eq right?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel