If you know any please share with me..More or less looking for some instrumental solo guitarist nothing with vocals just pure instrumental ..Just looking for a bit of change from all the shred stuff..Something along the lines of the solo's on Opeth's damnation album
guess the pit is more appropriate for these sorta things
Jazz - Wes Montgomery (guitar) and Miles Davis (trumpet)
Blues - Stevie Ray Vaughn (guitar) and old Derek Trucks (slide guitar)
actually, blues/jazz would be better ... but you'll honestly probably get a better response here, so i don't care.

wes montgomery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqhN6rvfJt4
django reinhardt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzsPGHsi90
bucky pizzarelli & scott hamilton - the red door -
john coltrane - crescent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bxjzdm4q_g
miles davis - kind of blue - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpvpyb-PXM0
blind boy fuller - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJYvAVhSIMg
blind blake - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZayTpvm0Yho

sorry. not all are guitar players, but there is something to be said for horn players. a guitarist can learn a ton from them. if you're going to get into jazz you have to stop being a guitarist and start being a musician, gnome sayin'?
#DTWD
Paradise Lunch - Guns & Roses (The band is Paradise Lunch.)
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Tom Quayle is quite an interesting player, though his style is more progressive than jazz/blues.

He doesn't have an album, but his Youtube account is tq105

yes please progressive stuff works aswell
thanks for all the recommendations guys
keep it coming
gary burton - jazz
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by primusfan
actually, blues/jazz would be better ... but you'll honestly probably get a better response here, so i don't care.

wes montgomery
django reinhardt
bucky pizzarelli & scott hamilton - the red door
john coltrane - crescent
miles davis - kind of blue
blind boy fuller
blind blake

sorry. not all are guitar players, but there is something to be said for horn players. a guitarist can learn a ton from them. if you're going to get into jazz you have to stop being a guitarist and start being a musician, gnome sayin'?

actually i didn't get any responses from that forum people reported it and edged me toward the pit lol
Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Django. I'm trying to get into jazz slowly and that's who I've been listening to lately. Also, if your local NPR has an all jazz channel, just start listening to that all the time.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by metalheadblues
actually i didn't get any responses from that forum people reported it and edged me toward the pit lol

gotcha. well check out my edited post. some youtube links.

listen to trumpet and sax though. they are the most beautiful solo instruments. the reason, i believe, is because the player has no choice but to breathe with the instrument. it becomes a lot more expressive. string players have to learn how to replicate that. listening to these guys helps with the understanding of dynamics.
#DTWD
Quote by Unourrit01
Btbam

... or not...
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Unourrit01
Btbam

One or two jazz-esque passages in a song does not constitute Between the Buried and Me as an instrumental jazz group.
Quote by primusfan
gotcha. well check out my edited post. some youtube links.

listen to trumpet and sax though. they are the most beautiful solo instruments. the reason, i believe, is because the player has no choice but to breathe with the instrument. it becomes a lot more expressive. string players have to learn how to replicate that. listening to these guys helps with the understanding of dynamics.

thank you very much sir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOm17yw__6U the definition of what i was looking for..
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
... or not...

you are right
serious answer -Mahavishnu Orchestra. instrumental. jazzy

Quote by Zaphikh
One or two jazz-esque passages in a song does not constitute Between the Buried and Me as an instrumental jazz group.

sarcasm.
jazz centered around guitar isnt that good compared to jazz with trumpet or sax leading. just go for actual jazz with a brass lead section, you wont miss the guitar.

art blakey
miles davis
john coltraine
dave brubeck
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
jazz centered around guitar isnt that good compared to jazz with trumpet or sax leading. just go for actual jazz with a brass lead section, you wont miss the guitar.

art blakey
miles davis
john coltraine
dave brubeck

yeah, I've been finding the same thing. I don't mind it when their is an occasional guitar solo, but I'd prefer it if the guitarist just lays back and plays the chords.

Quote by Zugunruhe

art blakey
miles davis
john coltraine
dave brubeck

i'll agree with everyone but brubeck.
#DTWD
Billy Cobham, Larry Coryell, Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, RTF, Weather Report, Duke Ellington, Herbie Hancock/The Headhunters, Herbie Mann, Lenny Breau, Oscar Peterson, Vince Guaraldi. Those are all Jazz artists BTW.
Quote by EC_AL_JH_GH
Billy Cobham, Larry Coryell, Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, RTF, Weather Report, Duke Ellington, Herbie Hancock/The Headhunters, Herbie Mann, Lenny Breau, Oscar Peterson, Vince Guaraldi. Those are all Jazz artists BTW.
I only recognize Al Di Meola because of that ****ing sick PRS signature he has.
Al Di Meola makes me wanna put down my guitar, so talented, grrrr. he can shred too and play wicked spanish guitar. Holdsworth is amazing too. though i view these guys as more fusion than jazz.

Steely Dan will always be my favorite jazzy-rock group though.
Joe Pass, especially stuff he's done with Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen. Pass is a great jazz guitarist and NHOP is an amazing bassist. This is a good one.
Quote by TSmitty6
Al Di Meola makes me wanna put down my guitar, so talented, grrrr. he can shred too and play wicked spanish guitar. Holdsworth is amazing too. though i view these guys as more fusion than jazz.

Steely Dan will always be my favorite jazzy-rock group though.

kinda love al d now

and look at his sig
OMG!!!!!! beautiful