Lately I've been toying with the idea of selling off my Vetta for something else. I like the Vetta. I really do. But there is something about it that sounds fake. Maybe it's my lack of dialing in skillz?

Anyways, if I do sell it my budget would be around $700. I wouldn't like to go used this time around, simply because I would like a cushion to return it if I fall out of the honeymoon period within 30 days/whatever the return policy is.

The sound? I'm looking for liquid, searing lead tones and high gain rhythm. Think Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc.
Mesa Mk IV

Alternatively I think Michael Romeo uses a Spider Valve HD100.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Yup, Mark IV is what the Petrucci man himself uses. It really does nail that liquid, gain-filled solo tone.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Mark IV=/=$700

As much as I would like it, I really can't justify that price. Right now I was thinking of the 6505+ 112 combo or the Engl E-530 preamp (run through my HT-5 poweramp).
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Sep 8, 2009,
Save up

Sometimes, its cheaper to get exactly what you want rather than a series of stopgaps.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Save up

Sometimes, its cheaper to get exactly what you want rather than a series of stopgaps.

100% agreed. Save up to get what you want, it's not like your vetta is a spider.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
As much as I would like to save up, it really isn't a possibility right now. I just started University and am majoring in Biology for Medical School. So a job really isn't that much of an option at this moment, especially when I'm usually playing guitar if I'm not studying.
Quote by BeethovensBust
As much as I would like to save up, it really isn't a possibility right now. I just started University and am majoring in Biology for Medical School. So a job really isn't that much of an option at this moment, especially when I'm usually playing guitar if I'm not studying.
A job isn't an option? I'm at a university, majoring in biochemistry and biology and am graduating this year with a 3.8 gpa, and I made money working in labs, TA-ing intro level courses, academic grants etc. etc. and it pays for my rent ($650/month), food, bar tabs, as well as some pretty high end gear, I just save up over time and manage my time well. I assure you that there are plenty like me at my school and there will most likely be plenty like that at your school as well, and several more who in addition to all that, pay for their own tuition as well, so really, that does not mean that a job isn't an option.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 8, 2009,
I know what you mean by the Vetta sounding a bit fake. That's just the solid state sound. I love mine, I really don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon, maybe try for a Mark III since you don't have enough cash for the Mark IV (which IMO isn't as good anyway )?

Have you tried the Vypyr Tube? I wasn't expecting much, but if you need that much versatility, that amp kills, and for a cheap price. The tubes get rid of the digitally-ness
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah if you still want the versatility of the modeling the Vypyr Tube is the way to go. The non-tube Vypyr sounds good but the Tube is that much better by using some 12AX7's and maybe some 6L6's not sure on that check the site or any music dealer site. They kill and you could even get a 212 for your budget I believe and then you can gig with that if needed and make $$ that way.