gday guys.

im looking for a guitar that has the following:

24 frets
fairly thin, wide neck
fixed bridge
passive pickups (or possibly blackouts/livewires if actives are a must)
2 volume controls
not-a-les paul shape
preferably matte/vintage finished, or unfinished.

suggestions? to be used mostly for 80s shred. Racer X type gear. money really isnt an issue at the moment, just looking to get my bearings. but ideally, less than $3500 would be nice? thats australian dollars by the way.

cheers
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Last edited by awesome-o at Sep 8, 2009,
If it doesnt have to have 2 volumes, an Ibanez RG or PGM of some kind would be perfect.
Almost certain you can get a Jackson Dinky with those specs for that price.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
All RGs have trems. I would go with the FR1620 or FR2620. You can wire 2 volume controls.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
All RGs have trems. I would go with the FR1620 or FR2620. You can wire 2 volume controls.

No... they don't.

I'd have to recommend a Jackson or Ibanez as well but finding one with 2 volume knobs stock will prove to be interesting... The only Jackson i know of with 2 volume pots is that Lamb of God guitarist's signature guitar which has a weird shape and a very thick and chunky neck.
Quote by JELIFISH19

Anything with a model number ending in 1 has a fixed bridge. They dont all have trems.
i like the look of ibanez's PGM301. the white paul gilbert HSH sig. any thoughts on that?
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Quote by awesome-o
i like the look of ibanez's PGM301. the white paul gilbert HSH sig. any thoughts on that?

Great guitar. Shouldnt be very difficult to find for under $3k, even in Australia. I found a few on the first page of a google search, even though they're discontinued a few shops still have them in stock.
Ellis Mantis 1 would seem about right and have what pickups you want.
http://www.tcellisguitars.com/index.html
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

For that price do a Warmoth build or get an Ormsby or something if you don't mind waiting.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Look at some carvin's on Ebay, I actually once saw a Carvin with 2 volumes and tones and strat shape but it had a FR.

Um yeah. What amp?