Hey guys.. just looking around at some heads.. and came across the tiny terror by Orange.. Is this a decent practice head for rock, punk and maybe even metal? Also.. is $799AUD a good price for one of these heads?
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Last edited by shan0_ at Sep 8, 2009,
From all the reviews I've watched through youtube I would say yes.

I really want one.. If i had the money to get one, i would.. GO FOR IT!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Tiny terror will definately not get you into hard rock/metal without the help of any pedals.
It's a great amp, and will take pedals well, but it won't do it on it's own.

Don't know about the price. In europe it's cheaper, but that's probably because it's built here.

I'd look for other options.
what other options would you recommend dude? If it helps ill be playing an MIA Fat strat..
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

Go for it. Amazing at that price.

I saw death cab for cutie in feb using a modified one. And they could afford whatever they wanted really.

Bi-amp and Orange TT and a good Fender tube amp and your set
Quote by Benjibum

Or in Final Fantasy terms, think of him as always casting Reflect on himself. The only way to hurt him is to cast Reflect on yourself and bounce Firaga off yourself.

What a load of rubbish. Just punch him in the ****ing shins.
No, you can easily do hard rock without pedals on a TT, but metal will be a stretch.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
$799 AUD is pretty good.i got my tiny terror combo for $1079AUD and it's terrific! it has enough gain to do metal but it has heaps of mids and not much bass so an equaliser will really help, though you still can't get that really scooped metal sound; it just gets muddy if you try but a good equaliser helps get you a lot more towards metal.
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
Would an Orange TT be better for me than a Blackstar Ht-5?
Quote by srq89

If you find the vid by RobChappers on youtube, demoing his TT doing metal, you'll see what it's really capable of, I'd find it for you, but eh, I'd get distracted and do something else.

Quote by stykerwolf
You can gig with the TT, not so much with the HT-5

I'd take the TT because of the extra wattage and, well i havn't played a HT-5 so i'll keep my mouth shut for now

Man, 5 tube watts is easily enough to gig with, and you'll get that real nice power tube OD

Wait, I'm like vouching for both amps now
**** YOU CLAUDE D=
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Sep 8, 2009,
haha.. so if i were to get the TT what cab would be the best to get.. remembering this is only for home practice and an odd jam with a drummer..
Quote by srq89

Get 2 of those old 8x12 Marshall cabs xD

Nah, an Avatar 2x12 would do just fine, with V-30s
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
ok awsumm.. so Orange Tiny Terror + Avatar 2x12 + MIA Fat Strat = Awesome gear for my bedroom
Quote by srq89

If all you need to be able to do is jam with a drummer (assuming there isn't another guitar and a bass in the mix) then I'd go with the HT-5. Its got luxuries such as: two channels, a real EQ, an effects loop, and the ISF knob which lets you get all wooden and British or American and priapic.

I actually jammed on a Tiny Terror before pulling the trigger on my HT-5 and I don't regret my decision one bit. I'd still love to have a Tiny Terror because even if it is a bit of a one-trick-pony, it does pull one hell of a trick. But, for day to day guitar playing where I like to play whatever, the HT-5 meets my needs the best.

Oh, and the HT-5 can do metal without a boost.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I consider buying it too, but there only is 1 channel. Wouldn't the Dual Terror be better?
yer true.. so if i was to get the HT-5 would the Avatar 2x12 still be the best cab to get with it?
Quote by srq89

Quote by shan0_
yer true.. so if i was to get the HT-5 would the Avatar 2x12 still be the best cab to get with it?

Yeah.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Have you played the Egnater Rebel 20 or the Vox Night Train?

I would have to really suggest you try the Egnater first. It's less expensive (well...I don't know about down under), more feature rich, and from what I've heard from both amps, it gives the Orange's tone a run for its money.

Although honestly, I'm wondering where the Rebel 30 head is. The second channel is a game changer...
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Sep 8, 2009,
Really you need to make the decision on your own. There are many fine little amps available lately, and the Tiny Terror is a wonderful amp that i purchased myself. If you strictly go off the input other people give you here to decide on both the amp and the cabinet for you, you will probably end up a bit dissapointed.

Go to a store, and try them out for yourself if you can. Listening to these amps through your headphones or speakers doesn't bring you even remotely close to getting a good sense of what their tone is like. In this same price range you could also look at certain Carvin, Peavey and Vox products.

I bought the tiny terror because I've turned into a pretty big fan of orange amps in general. I didn't care if it was the best product out there, damn it i wanted the amp and knew I would be happy with it :P. I do somewhat wish I had waited for the dual terror though!
Wouldn't the Dual Terror be better because of the 2 channels?
Quote by s0ner
Wouldn't the Dual Terror be better because of the 2 channels?

Not necessarily. I'd rather use a Single channel amp and use an EQ pedal to get the cleans. For the price of a Dual Terror, you could get something that sounds better.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis