A few of you may have seen my post the other day in the thread about 'what does you name mean?'
I was wondering if anyone was able to enlighten me, or give me some hints, as to what my last name means.

My last name is Jenke, and for years I had assumed it was a German name. However, I overlooked the fact that my family migrated from Prussia about 170 years ago.
This got me wondering if the Prussian language was different in any way to the German language? (Because, you know, Prussia is now essentially part of Germany and Poland)
Because I can't find any help from German resources, so I can only assume its different in Prussian.

So anyway, can anyone help me out?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Jenke... Sounds finnish lol.

I wish I had a cool surname =(
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Kensai

I tried that one, it seems to give an American history on Jenkes. Thanks though.

Quote by Jesstaa
Jenke... Sounds finnish lol.

I wish I had a cool surname =(

WIth a Finnish surname that means I'm automatically destined for metal, doesn't it?
It does sound possibly German to me, but definitely sounds more Scandinavian.

My family used to have a german surname, but we changed it during WW2, it was Klouse, now it's Close -_-
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Kensai's post does tell you it says at the top. Its a pet Slavic name for Johan and other German surnames, suggesting it originated from close to the border with Poland and Eastern Europe
"Oh, if i could kidnap that feeling, the one that melts all fears from your mind."
Quote by Babbs

i thought you meant there was some ancient indian spirit named desi who would come and haunt me during my trip.
mines Dollar so im guessing that means money right :p

and yes my last name is Dollar
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by Jesstaa
It does sound possibly German to me, but definitely sounds more Scandinavian.

My family used to have a german surname, but we changed it during WW2, it was Klouse, now it's Close -_-

Same with my Grandfather. I could've had Schmidt in my name, then I'd answer the call of the Volksdeutsche.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
My surname is Smith.

I kind of like having a common surname, I'd like some family name to know what it means though. All my family's surnames are Norwegian.
Jenke clearly means Jenkem.

Mines Mulholland, I've yet to meet another person (other than family members, durr) with the same last name.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm