By all accounts it should be, but I have not yet been able to get my old head around it. I find Audacity fine for fairly rough stuff.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i use reaper and it works really well for me... but then again i have never used Audacity
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Quote by dogtags99
well....is it?

Yes Reaper is much better than Audacity is many ways. You get a full mixing console as well as are able to drag and drop. You can also apply effects and order them then tweak them in real time while using Reaper.

Audacity however is free and so you wont get as many features.
For $70 you cant really go wrong with Reaper also keep in mind Cakewalk makes low priced sequencers as well which start around $100.
It's not necessarily 'better'. That's like saying Cubase is better than Wavelab.

It's got a much shorter learning curve and is okay as a basic wave editor, but Reaper has thousands more features, since it's aimed at a different market, and a different type of editing.

If you want a cheap DAW, Reaper is great. If you want a free wav editor, Wavepad is much, much better than Audacity. The 'basic' free version does twice as much as Audiacity and has much better controls/GUI.
Quote by kyle62
It's not necessarily 'better'. That's like saying Cubase is better than Wavelab.

It's got a much shorter learning curve and is okay as a basic wave editor, but Reaper has thousands more features, since it's aimed at a different market, and a different type of editing.

If you want a cheap DAW, Reaper is great. If you want a free wav editor, Wavepad is much, much better than Audacity. The 'basic' free version does twice as much as Audiacity and has much better controls/GUI.

ok cool. just wanted to know i saw just about all you guys talking about reaper thought i was missing out on something. Im not at the level where my recordings are worth paying for yet but ill keep it in mind when i make that stepp thanks guys
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000