basicaly i have a budget of under $1000 (please dont tell me to save because that is all i have/am willing to spend on a new guitar regardless), and am looking for a good midranged metal guitar with a locking trem.

I've narrowed it down to:

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=169766&cart_id=98D3C8E9-9B7A-3E8F-20F13A0D5F8807C6&category_code=all

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=173426&cart_id=98D5068A-9AC0-B6FF-D276DACF2E2CD419&category_code=all

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=169843&cart_id=98D56812-A7FE-0D91-3B1E6A5369961743&category_code=2665

http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=169763&cart_id=98D6FD87-0832-724B-3335B2DF3F0D0E7C&category_code=2665

Currently the ibanez rg370 is my favourite, but the 350dx isnt far behind (i know its got an edge 3, but the finish is lame IMO lol).

Looks do play a part as long as theres only small performance differences (such as the one mentioned above )

opinions please
i can attest to the quality of the esp M. i have an m-100fm, and you can only expect the 200 to be better. my trem seems to be getting a little loose due to wear, but it's been over two years, and it works fine otherwise.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
Id go with either one of the LTDs, because the edge 3 blows chunks.

this man speaks the truth. got an ibanez rg4ex1 around christmas and i still can't get the thing to stay in tune. horrible trem system. i'd go with the ltd with the flamed maple. looks awesome..
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
All nice but do try and look at Cort stuff. I understand they are very well priced and available in Aus, so well worth a look.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I prefer the 350DX because I've played it before and it's awesome, but I've not played it for long periods of time so I can't confirm of refute the tremolo issues.
The RG350DX is actually a great guitar.. but u cant expect it to be great the first time u got it.. u need to re-setup the guitar so that it can play like a champ...

I dunno about LTD.. but my friend have one and he said it works just fine from the day he got the guitar... there u go..

The RG350DX is a great & beautiful guitar... but need to re-setup 1st..

The LTD(according to my friend).. already a good guitar.. but not really beautiful to look...
Quote by ibrahimasood
that website is very expensive try GC. and what amp are u using and fave. bands?

The website is my sorta local music store who are amazing (if a bit slow at times), but they always provide great deals (like on the spot haggling), professional advice and service and a great 18months shop warranty standard. So i'll get it from there regardless of price.

My fav band is probably metallica or trivium, but i play in a band thats quite similar to trivium.

Amp i use various so that factor can be taken out.
Hey mate you checked out the Ibanez S320? It still might be under your budget but if it isn't then it should only be a couple of bucks over.
I don't see your gear listed in your sig. Do you have a tube amp? you are looking at guitars with active pickups and actives don't like to play with solid state amps. just keep that in mind.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by Zmatt
I don't see your gear listed in your sig. Do you have a tube amp? you are looking at guitars with active pickups and actives don't like to play with solid state amps. just keep that in mind.

You might want to re-read the links and note that none of those guitars come with active EMG pickups
Quote by Zmatt

all passive actualy. I use the best amp avaliable at the time (band practice, jam sessions etc) but i do own an ashton GA100FX at home. I do want passive pickups for clean anyway