Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
I'd go for Reaper. LE software sucks and I don't trust Acid for linear recording.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Reaper is what i use, it has pretty much everything u need, plugins, fx, tons of tracks, cutting, glueing whatever u need to do u can get it done, its $60 or u can use the free trial, which has all the features and "expires" after 30 days but its still usable **hint**
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by kyle62
Er, your choice. There's no 'better'. What do you need it for? Are you new to recording?

i need if for just home recording ( but i want good quality)

Quote by Pennderinn
Reaper is what i use, it has pretty much everything u need, plugins, fx, tons of tracks, cutting, glueing whatever u need to do u can get it done, its $60 or u can use the free trial, which has all the features and "expires" after 30 days but its still usable **hint**

ok then, but how do you record with it? as in do you just use just the mic on the computer or what I'm doing at the moment with cubase and use a cable from the computer to an audio interface.
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
Software does not give you good sound, mics and such do.

(Your last post made me btw so warn me if I start acting condescending, I do that sometimes)

So, what do you want to record? Electric guitar? Get an SM57 ($100) and Reaper ($60) and some mic-capable audio interface. Vocals as well? You could use the SM57 with a popshield, or get another mic, a large-diaphragm condensor (~$130). Acoustic? Plenty of mic choices. Drums? 2 overheads, maybe some more for micing individual drums, and an audio interface that can accept loads of mics.

The software is nothing, it's the hardware you have to look after. Get kick-ass software and record a s**ty onboard mic and you'll get the sound of a s**ty onboard mic.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
I think he only asked which one is the best software, and in that case I'll say Adobe Audition, a lot better than Reaper, Audacity and Cubase (never tried Sony Acid 7 pro).