Hey folks,

I'm fairly sure this is allowed - I'm basically listing some stuff on behalf of the other guitarist in my band. As it says he's after an amp so needs to sell this stuff or arrange some sort of equal valued trade for a good amp. Anyways, this is his speel...........

"I’m selling my Gibson BFG in Trans Black with genuine Gibson hard case; it’s a fantastic guitar, great tone, a joy to play and really stands out in a crowd.

The Gibson blurb goes something like this:

A stripped-down, rock ’n’ roll flamethrower, the Les Paul BFG is the most powerful Les Paul Gibson has ever made. Blasted back to the bare essentials, the BFG is the Les Paul for guitarists who want it loud, raw, and wild. Two volumes and one tone knob control the sonic spectrum put out by a high-powered Burstbucker 3 humbucker in the bridge and a screaming, singlecoil P-90 in the neck. The traditional toggle has been rewired as a kill switch, and a mini-toggle at the volume knobs controls pickup selection. An innovative powerhouse, the BFG has no binding, no figured top, no finishing touches. This gives the BFG a distinctive look that is both modern and vintage, while allowing for a price that makes pure Les Paul performance available to all players. The result is a perfect storm of eye-catching style, incredible tone, and unbeatable playability—all at a great price. Destined to be a classic.

For full specs have a look at the Gibson site.

http://www.gibson.com/bfg/specs.htm

The guitar’s looks are a love or hate thing and if you’ve read this far you’re probably with me in thinking that just cause it says Les Paul on the headstock it doesn’t have to look like it’s been bought by a bank manager to play at weekends.

Basically I’m selling cause I have a couple of decent guitars but want a new amp so something’s got to give. I would consider a trade/swap for an all valve combo or head and cab, but it’s got to be the right level, don’t bother trying to fob me off with your Peavey Bandit as a straight swap.

So the price? Well these seem really hard to get hold of at the moment, but those I’ve seen are going new for between £850 to £950. I’ve had this about a year and it’s in excellent condition so offers in the region of £750 please.

I’m based in Leeds and can get to Manchester if needed and would prefer pick-up, cash on collection. Pay Pal could work too. I will post if the right offer is made.

Anyway, check out the pics and let me know if you’re interested: http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx90/waywardchild01/Gibson%20BFG/

Also for sale at the moment is a Squire Telecaster Custom 2 in black, loaded with Seymour Duncan P-90 pickups. An amazing guitar for the price. Good condition with a small amount of buckle rash on the back, hardly noticeable.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/Squier+Telecaster+Custom+II/10/1

Pics at: http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx90/waywardchild01/Gibson%20BFG/Squire%20Tele%20Cust%20II/

£120 ono.

And my Fender Performer 1000 amp, check it out at - http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Performer+1000+112+Combo/10/1

I’ll be honest, the tolex has seen better days and it’s got a few marks and scuffs, see pics, but it sounds fantastic. I’ve gigged with it in small and medium venues and it definitely holds it’s own. If I wasn’t a snob and really wanted all valves I wouldn’t be selling.

Pics at: http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx90/waywardchild01/Gibson%20BFG/Squire%20Tele%20Cust%20II/Fender%20Performer%201000/

£100 ono."

Thanks guys
TC Ellis Custom Series 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40
A rock monkey blackback 4x10 (basically a super reverb) for the gibson and the tele. I've got one made with a midrange "fat" switch built into a push pull pot and it's got an added master volume. The master vol is built onto the phase inverter in such a way that when the volume is at 10 it sound exactly as if there were no master volume. When the volume it at 5 (and there is a notch in the volume pot that lets you feel when it's at 5) it give you a tone similar to SRV's super with the preamp valves replaced with lower gain valves. This amp lets you select whether it's cathode bias which gives you less volume and a more compressed spongy "bluesy" breakup, or the standard fixed bias that has the more defined tone and more volume. Final feature of this amp is that it's got an extra power for the reverb because vintage fender reverb was very weak and with the reverb mod there is also a "dwell" pot on the back of the amp which lets you adjust how hard you drive the reverb pan which means by turning the dwell up and the reverb volume low you can get brassy reverb tones or turning the dwell low and the reverb volume up you can get much more mellow and smooth reverb. Oh, and The amp is brand new. I also have a 4x10 in stock that is exactly like a 65 super reverb that you could have if you didn't want the extra bells and whistles.

I've got a Rock Monkey Sothern Bell 2x12 (basically 45 watt tweed twin) that I would also be willing to swap for the gibson and the tele. The tweed twin has the cathode bias switch so you can swap between spongy or defined and can either comes with ceramic Jensen speakers because the modern alnico used in new Jenson speakers doesn't sound a vintage as the ceramic Jensen speakers. I've also done a special layout inside the amp so that it is much much MUCH quieter in terms of buzz and noise than a Fender tweed twin.

For just the Gibson I've got a rock monkey sothern belle 1x15 which is exactly like the 1st bassman except it has 4 inputs instead of 2. Fender called this particular amp the "pro amp". My version lets you switch between the 5E5 and 5E5-A schematics so that you can get a greasy blusy sound or a more punchy sound and it too has my custom layout for less background noise.

For Just the Gibson I have a brand new rock monkey blackback 1x10 which is basically a princeton with an added cathode bias switch, ground switch, and optional dwell knob and boost switch.

I'm a fan of try before you buy so if you wanted to come down here and try out a few amps and maybe some pickups or something you could always spend an afternoon jamming in my workshop.

If you are at all interested let me know.
Not taking any online orders.
Hey mate,

thanks for the great offer but I think he wants something a bit more rock-orientated, with more gain etc. Think he also wants a head and cab.

Cheers again though
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
hey hey jakey boy (aka adam :P)

remember me? :P

im thinking im interested in that there squire

need a short while to get sosme cash together and whatnot (might be able to get it by end of the month if all goes well).

is £120 the lowest he'l take??

and, im getting myself a Marshall jcm 200 dsl 401 for £100 hehe, yey me

drop me a PM
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
PM'd
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
replied
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
Interested in the Gibbo but I've found one on ebay for £500 so unless you're willing to lower the price I'll just get that one..
I doubt he will lower it that much so good luck with ebay
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
hump-de-bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
bummp
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
yo dude, if he can lower the price on the tele, then i MIGHT be able to get it this friday...

only a might though, mind
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
PM'd

again :P
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
PM'd

again :P

Alright mate,

My pm box is fooked. Can't access your messages. Do it here or comment me maybes?
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
ahh, ok haha.

well yeh, im now able to buy the tele if its still available?

im gonna be in manchester on friday and could pick it up then?

will he be able to drop the price to abouts £110 ish?? i need to actually GET to manchester too haha.

hit me back asap
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
to the top!
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
bump!!
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
Quote by Taikisan
Would your guitarist be interested in trades?

I know he's only interested in trades if it's for a good tube amp. He doesn't want any new guitars or anything really.
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
hump-de-bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
bump
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
bummp
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40
I'm still interested in that BFG but the price is just too high.. Free Bump I suppose
Quote by Taikisan
I'm still interested in that BFG but the price is just too high.. Free Bump I suppose

What happened to the one you were getting for £500? :P

And I think it's a pretty fair price really - what are you willing to go up to and I'll tell him.
TC Ellis Custom Series 2

Blackstar HT40