I know how the owners are in some serious problems but does that effect the torrents?

I have been trying to get the new Dream Theater album as i heard from a reliable source that it's amazing and i have tried many of the torrents but none of them seem to work and i'm a little lost on finding it because i've used all for like all my torrents for a while now.

I don't think it's my internet because all other downloads seem to work fine. If TPB is really is done for can anyone link me to a torrent/rapidshare/megaupload for the new album, preferably the 3 disc version. Thanks in advance.
Quote by TOMMYB22
I know how the owners are in some serious problems but does that effect the torrents?

I have been trying to get the new Dream Theater album as i heard from a reliable source that it's amazing and i have tried many of the torrents but none of them seem to work and i'm a little lost on finding it because i've used all for like all my torrents for a while now.

I don't think it's my internet because all other downloads seem to work fine. If TPB is really is done for can anyone link me to a torrent/rapidshare/megaupload for the new album, preferably the 3 disc version. Thanks in advance.

As long as you can still download the torrents there is nothing wrong.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman
As long as you can still download the torrents there is nothing wrong.

Yeah but it has been saying "Locating Sources" for about 15 minutes and this particular torrent has about 200 seeders and my internet connection is pretty strong.
try mininova.org
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I procured something from that site just a couple of hours ago. It has to either be your uTorrent or something else on your end.
Use demoniod.
I'll pm with an invite code if you want.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115
Use demoniod.
I'll pm with an invite code if you want.

What is this demonoid you speak of?
You may as well just go download the Youtube downloader off download.com, then proceed to rip the songs off of Youtube that people post.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I bought the album and I have it ripped to my computer... but I'm pretty sure uploading it for you would be against the rules/law, so... try isoHunt or Demonoid.
Quote by Ulalume
You may as well just go download the Youtube downloader off download.com, then proceed to rip the songs off of Youtube that people post.

Youtube has terrible quality though. I'm still curious as to what Demonoid is, knowledge pl0x?
If it's just one album, you can probably find it on megaupload or rapidshare insead of torrents.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
try warez-bb if you don't mind rapidshare links.
BTW don't people in USA/UK etc get prosecuted for downloading stuff illegally?

I'm from Australia
Quote by TOMMYB22
Youtube has terrible quality though. I'm still curious as to what Demonoid is, knowledge pl0x?

Demonoid is a private torrent tracker.

Like TPB but you need to register to use it. But registrations are nearly always closed, so you need an invite

www.demonoid.com
Quote by TOMMYB22

Demonoid's another tracker and torrent hosting site. You can download torrent files from them, although I know nothing about this invite requirement that people are talking about.

Alternatively, do what blue_strat said and use IsoHunt. I get all my torrents from there.
sig goes here
Oh my god why has no-one said "Buy It!" ?!
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by blue_strat

Win!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
*shrugs* He was asking about problems with The Pirate Bay, therefore we supplied him with alternatives. One would assume that if he was prepared to buy it, he wouldn't be acquiring torrent files from The Pirate Bay in the first place.
sig goes here
Sent you an invite to demonoid.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
^ I'm too stingy and poor to do that

It seems that Demonoid is just what i need now that TPB is closing down, does anyone know if it has as many files as it. After i get a Mac, i probably would want to get Logic and other files without spending another 600 dollars so a good selection would be right up my alley.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
try warez-bb if you don't mind rapidshare links.
BTW don't people in USA/UK etc get prosecuted for downloading stuff illegally?

Not normally - we can, but most people get away with it. Most of the people who get prosecuted either downloaded ALOT of stuff or got picked at random so the government/police/whatever can say "look, we're clamping down on illegal downloads".
Isohunt is pretty heavily tracked by authorities. For torrenting in general make sure you have everything set to encrypt and use a program called peerguardian which blocks the ips of ****e loads of authorities from your computer.

Places like what.cd are the way to go but invites are tough to come across and I don't have any spares.
Last edited by muse_ at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by TOMMYB22
If TPB is really is done for can anyone link me to a torrent/rapidshare/megaupload for the new album, preferably the 3 disc version.
This thread should've been closed a while ago for that sentence.
Quote by muse_
Isohunt is pretty heavily tracked by authorities. For torrenting in general make sure you have everything set to encrypt and use a program called peerguardian which blocks the ips of ****e loads of authorities from your computer.

Places like what.cd are the way to go but invites are tough to come across and I don't have any spares.

If you download using any P2P, your ISP can see what you're downloading and, depending on their policies, can cancel your service. Don't matter if you're on what.cd, anyone with authority can see what you're doing. In fact, what.cd is probably worse because you're expected to have a huge ratio of uploads to downloads, meaning you're uploading illegally which is what most authorities are looking for.
Quote by Pat_s1t
This thread should've been closed a while ago for that sentence.

agreed.

TS ... go buy it.
#DTWD