Here's how it looks now.

Unfinished

The diomand plate pickguard hasn't been drilled yet.

Almost finished:

Everything almost complete

Fully assembled:

Sorry for the quality

Looking for some pickup suggestions. I like the bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan) and it gets the heavier tones I like so I'm looking for some nice, clean tones for the neck pickup.

What do you all think of it so far?

EDIT: All assembled now. Actually, it was finihsed months ago but I never updated this.
Last edited by Kyle1029384756 at Dec 19, 2009,
nice!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
i would say pickups, but idk about single coils.

however looks pretty cool, tho i reccon that if it had a brick wall as a paintjob, would look awesome
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Thanks

Still some work to be done. A bit of wiring and stuff. There's a lot of that checker board sheet metal lying around so I'm thinking of maybe adding some more somewhere. Probably going to cover the headstock or something... Decisions, decisions...

Quote by metal-matt
i would say pickups, but idk about single coils.

however looks pretty cool, tho i reccon that if it had a brick wall as a paintjob, would look awesome

Brick wall, eh? I smell a second build...
Last edited by Kyle1029384756 at Sep 8, 2009,
yes, put it on the head, that would be awesome
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Iron Gear Jailhouse Rail? Maybe a tad too hot but great pickups in their range.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by metal-matt
yes, put it on the head, that would be awesome

Indeed it would be

Quote by Lurcher
Iron Gear Jailhouse Rail? Maybe a tad too hot but great pickups in their range.

Hmmm, looks good. Probably a bit to hot, like you said, but they deffinitly look good for a future build.
Last edited by Kyle1029384756 at Sep 8, 2009,
Hey man, if you have a lot of that diamond plate left, I would make a back plate for the rear cavity out of it, cover the headstock, and maybe if you are up to it, even making the jack plate out of it, and sticking some metal on the top of those knobs, or getting speed knobs for it, then putting the metal over those. If anything, at least get some metal knobs, the plastic doesnt really fit there. As for the neck pickup, maybe try the Seymour Duncan Cool Rail pickup.
Quote by thetoastinator
Hey man, if you have a lot of that diamond plate left, I would make a back plate for the rear cavity out of it, cover the headstock, and maybe if you are up to it, even making the jack plate out of it, and sticking some metal on the top of those knobs, or getting speed knobs for it, then putting the metal over those. If anything, at least get some metal knobs, the plastic doesnt really fit there. As for the neck pickup, maybe try the Seymour Duncan Cool Rail pickup.

Knobs are being replaced with silver/chrome ones which should fit nicely.
I can't make the jack plate. I mean, I could if I wanted to but it's already chrome and it fits well enough and making the jack plate would be a pain in the ass.
I was thinking about making the back plate out of the checker plate metal but I'm not to fussed at the moment. It's on my to-do list though.

Quote by Locked_Deadbolt
Did you mask off your neck pocket? To me it looks like you didn't.

I didn't. Noob mistake. It's fixable though.

My middle and neck pickups just make a high pitched hum/feedback sound. Could this be interferance from the aluminium pickguard?
Maybe. I bet google can tell you a good remedy for that though. ESP did it.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Kyle1029384756

My middle and neck pickups just make a high pitched hum/feedback sound. Could this be interferance from the aluminium pickguard?

They didn't before?

Did the current wiring ever work correctly? Somethings to check:
*Grounded properly? (don't know about this -> google)
*Did you shield it at all?
*Did you use single wires, or shielded/screened wire?

As for the painted cover, yes it's fixable. Just be sure not to sand it down at an angle or anything ;-).
Quote by Parad
They didn't before?

Did the current wiring ever work correctly? Somethings to check:
*Grounded properly? (don't know about this -> google)
*Did you shield it at all?
*Did you use single wires, or shielded/screened wire?

As for the painted cover, yes it's fixable. Just be sure not to sand it down at an angle or anything ;-).

It didn't do it before which is why I'm thinking it was because of the pickguard (which is really the only thing that's changed (apart from paint and stuff) and I did change the tone cap to a lower value.
No, I didn't sheild it at all. How would I do this?
Quote by Kyle1029384756

No, I didn't sheild it at all. How would I do this?

i would tell you to put al-foil on there... but err...

wait, maybe if you put a layer of paper on the back of it, THEN foil, that might just work...

otherthan that check your ground wires, ect.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.