Hey UG,

Iv been on a bit of an amp roller-coaster in the last month and after a lot of hassle I might just have the light at the end of the tunnel in my possession.

As some will know I had a NAD just over a month ago where I got a Mesa Trem-o-verb combo and the constant fault I experienced. Heres the thread for those out of the loop.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1170947

Well suffice to say I managed to find a replacement amp that should meet my needs of versatility + buckets of tone - as long as it lives up to the hype its been getting - Iv not tried one as they are a bit rare and I had to get shipped from the other end of the UK

With no further a do I present to you my new amp.

Iv not had a chance to play it as Im at work and had it delivered here. Also I imagined it would be bigger than it is, Its very compact!.

Im on my way home to try it out on my lunch and will give some thoughts once I return.

Happy days

Pete.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Sep 8, 2009,
I'm more of a petrol man myself

HNAD!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Nice man
HNAD
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Very nice buy. Enjoy it
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Thanks for the comments so far guys.

I had a chance to crank it on my lunch break ans I have to say it sounds pretty darned nice so far. I'm miles from dialling it in to my liking and I know for a fact i will need a decent eq in the loop to get the most from it but the one thing Im most pleased with is the insane ammount of gain on tap here, fluid, smooth gain at that. A million miles from the gritty highs of the tremoverb I did have.

Once I get my Fx rig hooked up I'm expecting some really nice tone especially if i get a nice od to push the texas mode.

Ooo speaking about modes does anyone have any info on footswitching the modes as im lead to believe its a simple mod to do and would take this amp from pretty high up the list of uber amps to stratospheric heights!
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Quote by halikus
Ooo speaking about modes does anyone have any info on footswitching the modes as im lead to believe its a simple mod to do and would take this amp from pretty high up the list of uber amps to stratospheric heights!

It's a very simple mod, but a more complicated footswitch needs to be made.

Search for it on the Diezel forums, there's a guy that makes a foot switch specifically for this; probably be a lot cheaper for you though, as he's in Europe

And HNAD! That thing should completely rape your Trem-O-Verb
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 8, 2009,
I have to say its topped the Tverb already and iv only played it for like 10 mins.

I cant wait to get home and start tweaking this baby.

Thanks for all the advice on this amp in the other thread MC it really helped me not buy that MTS I found! MWUHAHAH!
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Ah someone noticed my useless attempt to upload the right pic. CURSES!
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Deizel is like a good woman: it take a while to warm up, but they'll run for a long, LONG time.

HNAD, Dude!

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by halikus
I have to say its topped the Tverb already and iv only played it for like 10 mins.

I cant wait to get home and start tweaking this baby.

Thanks for all the advice on this amp in the other thread MC it really helped me not buy that MTS I found! MWUHAHAH!

Haha, no problem man.

I really liked my MTS, but after the honeymoon period with it, the Diezel was definitely the better amp, and for the price you pay for each of them in Europe, it's a no-brainer
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nice dude

HNAD!
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Well Well I'm a happy bunny.

I got to spend some quality time with the amp last night and came to a few realisations.

Firstly I am shocked at the low end this thing can produce, and from a single speaker at that. Many say that Rectos can get out of hand on the bass front but the one i just got shot of doesn't compare, the Einstein is just monumentally bassey if you want it to be. This has given me the deep cleans I have always craved so I'm happy about that. With gain its massive too but no flabby recto mush here. tight as heck!

This low end also make the amp stupidly punchy but its controllable and dynamic punch which I can work with nicely.

Im finding that the distorted channels don't sound open enough for me. I get close to where I want to be with the presence and treble way up but this starts to encroach on my clean sound, well the presence does anyhow. But then nothing a good EQ in the loop cant fix, I will do some tests to see if I can coax my g-majors eq into action and if not Im thinking a nice rackmount EQ with switching would be just the trick. I'm just not getting a really modern rhythm sound yet. Either that or my ears are feked up from all the years of noise and I cant hear the treble!

The leads are gorgeous, so much so I had to completely throw away my lead FX patches and start again and my god was it worth it, theres way less effect mixed in now.

I'm loving the Texas mode for leads as it can get some pretty mean levels of gain without feeling over saturated, kind of clean gain if you like! Its something Iv not really had in an amp before, its rather refreshing to be able to work with lower gain settings and still get the kind of sustain and compression I'd expect froma fully gained out lead channel.

Mega Mode can be as soft or brutal as I want which suits me fine as this is what I need from a rhythm channel.

The lead channel goes from where texas mode left off an goes into meltdown levels of gain. I like my gain but even at 12 o'clock its just getting mental, way more gain than i will ever need or want.

At the moment the power section has Ruby EL34B STR's. Now I have to say I'm not a big fan of EL34s and given that I can slap 6l6's, 6550's or KT88s I was wondering has anyone heard an Einy running these and what you thought. My end goal would be to have it a bit more scooped and a bit more high end. (I cant believe im looking for high end here as my main grip of all my amps up till now is a harsh top end!)

Thanks

Pete.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Last edited by halikus at Sep 9, 2009,
Very few people tend to use 6L6's or KT's in the Einstein. I'm not sure why as it is quite possible.

How do you find it sounds at low volumes?

So, did you end up spending more than the £1200 budget from your last NAD?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
How do you find it sounds at low volumes?

So, did you end up spending more than the £1200 budget from your last NAD?

I find at low volumes its fine although you still need to contend with Fletcher Munsen a fair bit its very possible to have late night volume levels thanks to the master volume control. It even easier if you have some form of volume box in the loop. The tone isn't degraded much and the character of the amp still shines through.

Sadly(for the rest of society) Im totally incapable of playing at quiet volumes so this is moot.

I did end up spending more that the £1200 I originally had to hand but I only went over by £50. £1250 is a deal and a half for what is essentially a mint condition amp. Frankly if the shop had said it was brand new and tried to sell at rrp I could not have proved otherwise. Its in that good nick.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Last edited by halikus at Sep 9, 2009,
Sorry man was a one off. I bought it secondhand from Jam guitars in Bristol. The owner was majorly bummed when I called to buy it as he had his eye on it, there weren't even any photo's on the web as he didn't post em as a tactic to keep the amp from selling so he could bag it!

He says the guy who sold it to the shop had bought it brand new, played it for a week and part exchanged it. Explains how its in such great condition.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Another night of tweaking and most of my problems with the amp were fixed by plugging it in to my good old 4x10. 4 Celestion G10-50s and my treble is back with a vengance. the bottom end isn't as tight as with the stock V30 but i think that with a bit more tweaking i can balance that out.

Im pleased that it sounds good with the Einy as i plugged it into the TVerb and it sounded terrible.

Its amazing what a cab can do to the sound of an amp.
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Awesome
The Einstein's an awesome amp, I would know
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Nice dude, never had the chance to try one of these but I'd like to they seem like awesome versatile amps. HNAD!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Chrisiphone
I'm more of a petrol man myself

HNAD!

hurhurhur

HNAD
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone