What the hell is the problem with my wah wah? whenever i press the pedal down it makes this swooshy sound that's not supposed to be there, to be more exact there are clips on my profile.

first regular distorted sound, then with the wah wah and then the same part that I played with the wah wah without the wah wah.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by WtrPlyr
You have tried? Did you succeed?

no it failed =/

Does it happen in the same part of the sweep every time? Sounds like you either need to clean your pot or replace it.
Sorry for sounding stupid but which of the electronic thingies in my crybaby is the pot? <.<

Pot is short for potentiometer. It's the thing that the gears turn when you move the pedal up and down. If you need help locating one or want someone to do it for you, PM me.

Here's a pic of what it looks like or at least close to what it looks like. It may look a little different.

Wah Pot
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Sep 8, 2009,
First you have to determine whether or not you can take the back of it off or not. If you can take it off, it will have some tabs you can lift and remove the back. If you can take it off, you get some contact cleaner like DeOxit and spray the hell out of it, move the pot shaft back and forth and spray the hell out of it again. Put it back together and see if the noise goes away. If it's still there, the resistive material is probably too worn and you need to replace the pot.