So I'm going to be buying a new amp, and while I have a few ideas on what to pick, I would like your input on it.

I want it to be a tube amp.
My budget is around $700, but if there's an amp that's like a lot better for a few hundred more, I will consider it.

My current amp is a Roland CUBE-15x, and my guitar is an Ibanez RG320 (yes, I know I broke the "don't spend more money on your guitar than on your amp"-rule, but my first guitar, which I bought at the same time, was cheaper than the amp).

Aaaanyway, what I want to play is mostly some Dream Theater, RHCP, but I would also like to be able to play heavier stuff such as Metallica and other metal bands, and more bluesy stuff like Johnny B. Goode (of course I could always get a pedal for awesome distortion, but if there's an amp with awesome everything that would be awesome-er).

The amps I was thinking about are a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or a Peavey Classic, but feel free to come with other suggestions.
Quote by Captain Failcon
So I'm going to be buying a new amp, and while I have a few ideas on what to pick, I would like your input on it.

I want it to be a tube amp.
My budget is around $700, but if there's an amp that's like a lot better for a few hundred more, I will consider it.

My current amp is a Roland CUBE-15x, and my guitar is an Ibanez RG320 (yes, I know I broke the "don't spend more money on your guitar than on your amp"-rule, but my first guitar, which I bought at the same time, was cheaper than the amp).

Aaaanyway, what I want to play is mostly some Dream Theater, RHCP, but I would also like to be able to play heavier stuff such as Metallica and other metal bands, and more bluesy stuff like Johnny B. Goode (of course I could always get a pedal for awesome distortion, but if there's an amp with awesome everything that would be awesome-er).

The amps I was thinking about are a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or a Peavey Classic, but feel free to come with other suggestions.

Further suggestions are not required.

The Fender is probably the better of the two. But also more expensive.
Fender is the King of Cleans....

You would however probably want to add an overdrive or distortion pedal to get into the really heavey metal stuff. Say an Ibanez TubeScreamer TS9.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Okay, leaning towards the Hot Rod Deluxe now... no other suggestions?

Also, is the DigiTech RP350 a good multi-effects pedal?