Well I bought a prestige last month, and ever since then Ive been wanting an early rg550. Finding one is not too easy though, I saw a desert yellow one go for 750 on ebay last week quickly. So I decided I was gonna sell one of my zakk wylde epi's, I only really play the buzzsaw cause it has the active emg's in it and the bullseye doesnt, so it doesnt get played too much. So I thought I had mine sold friday night , but the dickhead never showed.
So sat morning, I posted an add on cl that said I was looking for an early rg 550. Within 3 hours a guy messages me back. He bought one 19 years ago new and has been sitting in a closet for a while now. Bought from a music store here thats still in buisiness. So I offered my bullseye for it and he jumped on it. This thing is in great shape for how old it is. Has one nick in it, a lil belt rash on the backplate. It has a buzz on one of the pick ups, so Im dropping it off today hopefully to get that fixed. Im not 100% sure what this color is called, but I havent seen too many. Action is low, strings were real old. Im gonna throw some evos in it here soon, though about a different pick guard, but I think im gonna leave it black. Came with the original case too.

With the rest of the ibby family.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
That looks really nice! How does that maple neck feel? I've never actually played one.
Edit: I actually meant fingerboard.
Last edited by mitchibanez at Sep 8, 2009,
Love it, havent really had a chance to play it much, but I love maple necks.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
I found that title misleading... that annoyed me, however after seeing your Ibanez I decided to continue my fap

Beautiful guitar man
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I found that title misleading... that annoyed me, however after seeing your Ibanez I decided to continue my fap

Beautiful guitar man

Thank ya kind sir.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by Waffleguy
Nice guitar and I like the color but why would one need 3 almost identical ibanez guitars?
Anyways
HNGD!:cheer:

Lol, why not, each one is gonna have different pick ups in it. And this aint gonna be the last rg I buy either. Its not breaking my bank account or anything.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
^^ Exactly, there is no problem with having multiple Ibanez guitars. ****, I was at 4 for a while, but sold one and am now back to 3.

550 is nice. Always wanted one, but I found a 570 pretty cheap on cl. Same thing, been sitting in a closet for most it's life.

Gotta love craigslist. There is always somebody thats wants something you have and there is always somebody who has something you want. Sounds like the perfect trade for you. Congrats man and have fun shreddin
Quote by MetalHead916
^^ Exactly, there is no problem with having multiple Ibanez guitars. ****, I was at 4 for a while, but sold one and am now back to 3.

550 is nice. Always wanted one, but I found a 570 pretty cheap on cl. Same thing, been sitting in a closet for most it's life.

Gotta love craigslist. There is always somebody thats wants something you have and there is always somebody who has something you want. Sounds like the perfect trade for you. Congrats man and have fun shreddin

yeah, I feel like it was meant to be. Its hard to find a one owner guitar thats 19 years old.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Wow, that looks almost new. Closet find guitars are like barn-find cars; gotta love 'em.
Dang, two 550's in one day. This makes me happy xD HNGD!

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
VERY VERY nice! i approve of this craigslist trade.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I don't get how people can buy guitars like that and just ignore them...nice guitar!
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
HNGD!

Is it just me or is that trem not parallel?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.