Slightly confused novice here.

In this key signature (Ebm) E and B are already flat.

On top of that, in these bars there is an Ebb, and a Bb.

I'm told that the Ebb would become D natural regardless of the key signature, but then what about the Bb? Surely it can't be A natural? Am I reading this incorrectly?

Ebb is enharmonic to D, yes. I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly. Bb would be enharmonic to A#, not A (a semitone higher than A).
Ebb would become D and Bb would become A# if i'm not mistaken.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
i think it would have to be an a, which would possibly be part of an inversion on the c in the bass.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Bb = A* (Macs don't have the "sharp key", so stars have to do :L) so Bbb would be A natural by that logic.

The C in the bass sets the key of C major (no sharps or flats), and A complement that well.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Quote by pwrmax
Perhaps the Bb is a cautionary accidental.

I didn't even know what that was, but I looked it up and I think you are right. There is a Bbb in the vocal line in the same measure (I should have posted that!), so I guess this is just a reminder that it's still Bb in the harmony. Thank you.
Last edited by Telecustard at Sep 8, 2009,
It might be a misprint. I don't really see the point in throwing in a random cautionary accidental in a 6 flat key signature. Unless it just modulated from a key without Bb, but then there would be many more.
Lets pretend your the the key of Eb and you have a measure with a flat marked in front of an E. You just play it as Eb, the flat they put in front of the note is just a reminder.

If you have the same situation with a double flat, you play Ebb. Accidentals always override a key signature