(sorry for the crapload of threads)

I've been looking at basses under $600, and the P-Bass looks like something I'd like playing. I play alternative, Metallica, worship, and some blues.
A P-bass fits everything
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
I dunno, is it? Go to a store and try one out. You'll know pretty quick if it's right for you.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
The P-bass looks like a good option for you, but looking at your equipment list, I recommend getting a better amp. The amp will go a longer way in improving your tone than a new p-bass. You already have a GSR200 which is a good bass in it's own right and has that split single coil that a p-bass has. Right now, the right buy for you is an amp.
A P-bass is a pretty versitile bass, but no one can tell you which bass is right for you.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I love my P bass (pj config but I'm using the J less and less) because it almost seems like half way between single coil and humbucking. The only 2 problems I have with it is:
1- It's a bugger to keep my thumb on a P pickup
2- only having 20 frets annoys me

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Right now, the right buy for you is an amp.

and this
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Sep 8, 2009,
I'm backing up jazz rock feel.

that said it should be fine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
The P-bass looks like a good option for you, but looking at your equipment list, I recommend getting a better amp. The amp will go a longer way in improving your tone than a new p-bass. You already have a GSR200 which is a good bass in it's own right and has that split single coil that a p-bass has. Right now, the right buy for you is an amp.

Yeah, if you look at my GAS list (which is basically my list of what to get), the Carvin is first on the list. I know that I need a gig-worthy amp before a good bass, since not everywhere I go has a PA.

Quote by gilly_90
1- It's a bugger to keep my thumb on a P pickup

It is? Looking at the picture it looked like it was a similar pickup to my bass, which I have no problem having my thumb on.

Edit: Also, would this bridge:
A. Fit a P-bass no problem?
B. Be better than a stock Fender Standard MIM P-bass bridge?
Last edited by Alex Vik at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik

It is? Looking at the picture it looked like it was a similar pickup to my bass, which I have no problem having my thumb on.

Well maybe you won't have that problem then? I don't know what Ibanez P puckups are like.
I think I've seen Delirium (can I call him Ben??) saying the same thing though... I think it was him
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
2- only having 20 frets annoys me

Could you build a P with 24 frets?

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

the same question could be implied to

"would a penis look right on a girl?"

The answer
"whatever your into man"
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
the same question could be implied to

"would a penis look right on a girl?"

The answer
"whatever your into man"
Sigged.

But yeah, P basses can fit most genres, except debatably metal that's more complex than Metallica.
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 8, 2009,