so ive got a music exam thing and i have to play a song on guitar for it. i play mostly metal like metallica and maiden( have trouble with some solos same for metallica too) bfmv, atreyu, trivium, cannibal corpse, ramnstein, airbourne, bon jovi, machine head, anthrax stuff like that so quite a wide range of the genre but i cant decide. Im playing it thursday too show how im coming along with it but i have about 6 weeks until i have to play along with the edit track (taking out guitar part).

so what song do you think i should play?
Quote by notsominidude
so ive got a music exam thing and i have to play a song on guitar for it. i play mostly metal like metallica and maiden( have trouble with some solos same for metallica too) bfmv, atreyu, trivium, cannibal corpse, ramnstein, airbourne, bon jovi, machine head, anthrax stuff like that so quite a wide range of the genre but i cant decide. Im playing it thursday too show how im coming along with it but i have about 6 weeks until i have to play along with the edit track (taking out guitar part).

so what song do you think i should play?

Anyway, inb4 I Cum Blood.
Queen - Don't stop me now
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You expect us to tell you what to play? Dude, you know your ability better than anyone else and you damn sure know what you want to play more so I'd just turn away from the pit and get practising a piece you can play and want to play. Sorry if that comes across harsh but it's best for you in my opinion.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
i think you should play a good song a song like metallica songs or bon jovi songs because they are good songs and i think your instructors will like them too because everybody loves songs like that when you have to play song
Play something easy that you can look real good playing - I swear you're more likely to impress if you play something easy really well than if you play something insanely hard mediocrely (i made that word up).
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Quote by noodlegts
Play something easy that you can look real good playing - I swear you're more likely to impress if you play something easy really well than if you play something insanely hard mediocrely (i made that word up).

i thought about doing that but its also designed to show off my playing skill because im playing with all new people and with a new teacher
I had a choice between something very hard that I had mastered, or a shred-blues improvisation. I chose the improvisation, and got a HUGE applause, despite the fact I was merely playing an A Pentatonic with extra notes here and there.

The simpler way will yield a better response from people who don't play an instrument. If you're playing to people who know their stuff, I take it they'll appreciate the technical aspect of a harder song choice, so take your pick.
Quote by SG_dave
you never told us what level exam you were looking at.

its for my A level but i just moved school
and theres one other guitarist who play different styles to me
play Frantic Disembowlment by Corpse
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Stabwound-Necrophagist
but really, do something like The Unforgiven. Stuff that people know.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Dee - by Randy Rhoads (off of Blizzard of Ozz)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Play something with more technical chords than open A or something like that. Some teachers just want to see you play musically advanced stuff. Well that's how my teachers are.
I'm going in;

Rambo style