Hi everyone, I would like to make sound altering changes to a Les Paul copy I own. So far I have thought of doing a killswitch, piezo and a phase reversal. I am good with wiring etc but are there any good schematics that could help(hopefully ones that do not force me to manipulate the body of the guitar too much)? Also, what tools/parts would I require? Finally, any sound modification ideas you guys have would be nice. Thanks everyone. IF there is a thread for this, sorry.
It all depends which type of sound YOU are after.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
a killswitch is probably overkill, because you can just turn the neck volume off, and use the pickup selector as a kill switch.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Musicman48858
a killswitch is probably overkill, because you can just turn the neck volume off, and use the pickup selector as a kill switch.

and how do you know it's not a 1 vol 1 tone les paul copy? :P
they DO exist

and a killswitch is easier to use if it's a momentary push button
Haha it is a standard 2 tone 2 volume guitar, thanks for the advice on not using a killswitch, what could I put there instead? I would really like to use up my dpdt push-pull pots.

Also, while I am here, the strap holder keeps coming out bringing the screw and some of the wood with it, how would I fix this? Thanks.
Last edited by Flieboy101 at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by Flieboy101
Haha it is a standard 2 tone 2 volume guitar, thanks for the advice on not using a killswitch, what could I put there instead? I would really like to use up my dpdt push-pull pots.

Also, while I am here, the strap holder keeps coming out bringing the screw and some of the wood with it, how would I fix this? Thanks.

wood glue (like evostick wood adhesive) and matches. fill the hole up to almost completely full with matches dipped in glue and i usually screw the screw in a bit, just to put pressure on it. done to 2 guitars and still holding better than they were.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
After the phase reversal (just reverse the signal and return wires) and turning that pup around (Peter Green mod) you could go for series/patallel switching. That will be in the wiring thread. So all you need is a soldering iron and some good solder.
I have seen separate coil tapping if your pups are 4 wire.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I;ve never done it but I know one guy who builds and puts those pots on all the controls and has all the variations. Must be possible. He's making me a LP soon and putting S/P and phase switching on the two vol pots.
Best mod of all is some good pickups. Iron Gear are among the best and great value.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Yeah, but really I want to keep the original tone intact pickups wise, the guy who gave me it put swinesheads in it before giving it to me. Does anyone remember how many switches that 94 variations thing needed?