I don't really know what category of music this falls under. It took me a while to make. Not sure if everything adds up. I didn't include a bass or drums because i don't know how to do drums. its pretty short i don't know if it should be a song really i kept it in my playing area. nothing extreme. I like to play the songs i make.
so what do ya think? its only my second song. so yea
Attachments:
Something (1).gp5
Last edited by xHumanity at Sep 8, 2009,
I have to say, I did enjoy this. I did not like the tremolo picked part at bars 25-30. It sounded odd with that time signature. I also think that at certain parts where it changes tempo, make some kind of transition measure, becuase some are really awkward. I hope you don't mind if I upload my take on the bass/drums. I'll give this around an 8/10. Some of the rhythms seems kinda odd (not that that is a bad thing)

Crit mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197108

There are two songs their, so please crit both if you don't mind. One is cool though, whatever you have the time for.
Attachments:
Something.gp5
Quote by soundgarden1986
I have to say, I did enjoy this. I did not like the tremolo picked part at bars 25-30. It sounded odd with that time signature. I also think that at certain parts where it changes tempo, make some kind of transition measure, becuase some are really awkward. I hope you don't mind if I upload my take on the bass/drums. I'll give this around an 8/10. Some of the rhythms seems kinda odd (not that that is a bad thing)

Crit mine?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197108

There are two songs their, so please crit both if you don't mind. One is cool though, whatever you have the time for.

i changed my version with the one you did with the bass and drums. I liked it better i want someone to teach me how to make the drums its rather confusing. but thanks i liked ur review i wish more poeople would take time out of their day to check it out.
Quote by xHumanity
i changed my version with the one you did with the bass and drums. I liked it better i want someone to teach me how to make the drums its rather confusing. but thanks i liked ur review i wish more poeople would take time out of their day to check it out.

No problem. And about the drums, it is kinda hard to explain, but if you know how each individual drum/cymbal sounds, it shouldn't be too hard to work out a basic rhythm if you look at the little chart thing that shows up when you select the instrument. Getting into more complex stuff will get easier and you will obviously get better at it as you continue to write. The harder stuff like how to tab out stuff like Danny Carey is hard to explain through text. I hope this helped out somewhat
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Sep 8, 2009,