How many of you have been affected in one way or another, by Cancer?

Poll: Have you been affected by Cancer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you been affected by Cancer?
Yes
205 77%
No
61 23%
Voters: 266.
Page 1 of 3
Just curious. Statistics say that 1/3 of people have been affected by cancer somehow. I'm assuming this includes relatives and close friends as well as themselves.

I have. My Dad was diagnosed with 'Acute myeloid leukemia' (a form of blood cancer) back in the August of '05. Thankfully he's in remission now after a course of leukemia and was released from hospital on his 47th birthday, 5 months later.

So how about it Pit? Have you guys been affected at all by Cancer?

EDIT:

Both my Grandad's also died from Cancer. Throat and skin.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Sep 8, 2009,
My mother just passed from it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My uncle died of cancer. I didn't get to know him very well.
I'm going in;

Rambo style
My grandmother had cancer that had spread throughout her entire abdomen. She beat it and is alive and well.
Quote by Vauxite
Just curious. Statistics say that 1/3 of people have been affected by cancer somehow. I'm assuming this includes relatives and close friends as well as themselves.

I have. My Dad was diagnosed with 'Acute myeloid leukemia' (a form of blood cancer) back in the August of '05. Thankfully he's in remission now after a course of leukemia and was released from hospital on his 47th birthday, 5 months later.

So how about it Pit? Have you guys been affected at all by Cancer?

I think the statistics mean 1 in 3 will suffer with cancer at some point. Look at how this poll is going its over 80% to the 'yes' answer.
My mother's uncle battled Leukemia for 20 years after being exposed to radiation. He was on duty investigating the Chernobyl site after the accident.

Also, my grandfather has been smoking a pack a day his entire adult life. He has....kidney stones. Not cancer. How odd.
Not really. My grandma had cancer about 30 years ago, and was one of the first people to try out chemotherapy, she died this year from something unrelated to the cancer itself.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
yeah...my father-in-law has colon cancer
AMD Athlon x2 5200+ (Windsor) @ 3.2Ghz--4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800 @ 910Mhz--Biostar Tforce 550--450W Rosewill Stallion PSU--250GB Seagate Barracuda--Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD R/RW--XFX Geforce 7950GT core clock 600Mhz, memory clock 760Mhz
One of my best friends got cancer when she was 13, but I think she's pretty much fine now, though she has to go for check ups every once in a while.

SONISPHERE was amazing!
GORILLAZ 12th November

I want to go back to Zimababwe

XBL: Marblesss
All four grandparents died of it, and my dad had it, but recovered.
Quote by Jackal58
Sorry to hear that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 8, 2009,
I think everyone in developed countries has been affected by it. It just depends where you draw the line.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Someone very very close to me has it.

Quote by Jackal58

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My Grandpa died of lymphoma (sp?) in March
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
My nan died of cancer, by the time she got it she had alzheimers and was in a horrible state. The aggressive, fast acting cancer was a blessing.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I believe I have luckily not been affected by it.. yet.
DeVillains!
Grandpa had liver cancer.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

My grandfather died of lung cancer. My mother, my girlfriend's mother (not technically effected by it as this was before meeting my girlfriend) and another friend have all survived ovarian cancer. Oh, and I had a choir teacher that died of breast cancer.
My great-grandad died from it and I had to spend my 17th birthday at his funeral, so yes.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
three grandparents died of lung-cancer.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I think both my paternal grandparents died from cancer, but that was before I was born so I don't know if you could say it affected me much

There was also my great uncle when I was 13, I liked him but hardly ever saw him so that didn't affect me too badly either
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Good mate of mine beat it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Somehow noone in my family (by that I mean grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, parent's cousins.....) have had it, so it bodes well for me. My friends mother had breast cancer though, she was a close family friend, but she got the all clear within a year of being diagnosed, thankfully.
Quote by Jackal58

Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Other guitar player in my band is a cancer survivor
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
I had cancer... Diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. (A.L.L) if you will.
Diagnosed in September 2003 just after a holiday in France. 2 years of intensive treatment, then about a year on tablets and the occaisional lumbar puncture/ bone marrow test. Now 6 years on I'm just dandy, albeit changed. That chemo is wicked stuff. ****s with you completely.
Never used to get car sick, now I do especially if I'm in the back.
My memory is shot to pieces, can't remember much.
My eyesight however, is goddamn amazing. All my family have had short sightedness, and before I had treatment it was looking that I would need glasses too, yet ever since I had treatment I've had perfect vision. Can see a bird shit across the street.

Good times.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
My grandfather had cancer and passed away when I was very young. I also just found out that one of my best friends from Grade 5, who I hadn't talked to since, had cancer and just passed away on Saturday. Its weird to think about because even though the only memories I have of him were from elementary school, he was still only 19 when he died.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
A guy who was supposed to be in the same class as me in my school couldn't come because his cancer wasn't cured (He had Leukemia ,it was gone for a while and then came back just before school started.)
When the teacher asked where he was I shouted ''He's got cancer!'' to inform her
and she got mad at me till the others explained I was being serious .
Last edited by Waffleguy at Sep 8, 2009,
Page 1 of 3