Line 6 HD100 with 4x12 celestion v 30's.

On the new amp day I also picked up a Line 6 m13 stompbox modeler.

This is my first tube amp. I decided to go with the Line 6 because the tube portion is designed by Bogner, gotta be good, and all the features Line 6 throws onto that is crazy. The sound is AMAZING.

Overall though it was the best choice because I don't play with 1 certain tone, I didn't want to be limited by a 1 trick tube amp. The distortion tones I can get are full and clear and awesome, and the same for clean tones.

I turn it on the blues setting with my m13 set on a '63 Spring reverb and and some tape echo and I have found a new love for my trusty old Squier Strat.

I have heard that with tube amps you get the best sound at higher volume, but I guess the way this thing works with the modeling+tube eliminates that. It sounds great at low volume and at epic volume.

I dont foresee needing another amp for a long time, so now I can work on adding more guitars to my collection. Got my eye on a few different Fender pieces.

Nice amp, congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I find it funny that almost everyone that purchases a Spider Valve always quotes the Bogner tube section. I'd say line 6 sells these because of the Bogner name.

Congrats.
So you are running the M13 into the HD100? Do you use effects on the head and the pedal? It seems like you could have just gotten a non-modeler amp, and that pedal and still have about the same versatility? No?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
How do you like your M13?

The pedals i'm eyeing you come to roughly the same price and wondering if I should go the whole hog and buy it the M13 or the certain stomps.

HNAD!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Cool amp! the M13 should sound delicious with it

HNAD, dude!

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by JMeasles

This is my first tube amp. I decided to go with the Line 6 because the tube portion is designed by Bogner, gotta be good,

Quote by tubetime86
So you are running the M13 into the HD100? Do you use effects on the head and the pedal? It seems like you could have just gotten a non-modeler amp, and that pedal and still have about the same versatility? No?

Yes I am using the m13 into the HD100. I only really only use the m13 for reverb and delay right now, but i got it because I won't need another pedal unless its something very specific. Also the effects on the head are ok, but limited and the m13 lets me really fine tune the settings on everything.

As far as Line 6 selling these things simply cuz they say Bogner, I dont doubt it at all, but if your amp says Bogner on the front, how could you NOT quote it? Lol. However, I was much more impressed with the hd100 than I was with other tube heads I tried out at the store.

Glad you found that bit funny kckyle. I honestly didn't buy this amp because of the Bogner name, in fact I hadn't even heard of Bogner til recently with all the Spider Valve and Bogner Alchemist stuff. I just did some research, read reviews and playtested in the store.

Yes I probably could have gone with a non-modeler amp, however I dont think anything with this much (imo) quality could beat the price I paid. I paid barely $900 for the head and cab together and just a bit over $300 for the m13 and it's all brand new.
Last edited by JMeasles at Sep 8, 2009,
I'm not saying you made a bad decision, just curious. I think you did great, you are right at that price point, there isn't much that is vastly better.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I'm not saying you made a bad decision, just curious. I think you did great, you are right at that price point, there isn't much that is vastly better.

Oh yea, I gotcha didn't take what you said wrong at all. I am happy with it, like I said I dont think I'll NEED another amp anytime soon but this has opened the doors to the tube amp world for me so I am sure I will be WANTING.

I just get the impression that there's a lot of hate for Line 6 and I can't see any justification for it.
Last edited by JMeasles at Sep 8, 2009,
lol i got nothing against modellers, i actually own a hughes kettner switchblade, not exactly a modeller probably one of the best programmable tube amps around. i seen couple line 6 spider valve threads before, believe me you're not the first, but you were the first that actually quoted what a guitar center sales rep might say as a part of a sales pitch

so all in all, happy new amps day man
Quote by Rahguzar
I find it funny that almost everyone that purchases a Spider Valve always quotes the Bogner tube section. I'd say line 6 sells these because of the Bogner name.

Congrats.

I've been noticing that alot lately too!! What is going on?!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
I've been noticing that alot lately too!! What is going on?!

it's because our ways of peace and acceptance have shushed the anti-Line 6 bandawagon. we must once again have a bandwagon mentality, call out from the rooftops: "ALL LINE 6 PRODUCTS SUCK LOLZ!!1!!!".
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
it's because our ways of peace and acceptance have shushed the anti-Line 6 bandawagon. we must once again have a bandwagon mentality, call out from the rooftops: "ALL LINE 6 PRODUCTS SUCK LOLZ!!1!!!".

Haha nice

I agree there are some great line 6 products out there
WHOOOO BOGNER!!!!111!!!
HNAD

still confused why that other guy traded a mesa for a SV though...

yeah they're good...but....really?? Would you trade your Caddy for a Civic with a body kit and 2-stroke sounding exhaust?

EDIT not saying the SV sounds like a 2-stroke
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Sep 8, 2009,
I just got a SV 212, and tested the HD100 as well. I love these amps, imo they are the best product Line 6 offers. I would have went with the HD100 but I decided that a little less noise and a little extra cash will help when the police show up and issue me my second noise violation...lol. HNAD! Your neighbors are probably putting their house on the market as I type. \m/
Congrats on your new amp! Try not to play so loud that the soundwaves knock down your wall.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King