How do I create a pick slide in guitar pro 5? I can't find any way at all to create one. In case this expensive piece of software doesn't include such an elementary feature, is there any way to emulate the sound of a pick slide? Through notation or otherwise.

Thanks!
Can't you just plug in and do one?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Some people (who have submitted guitarpro tabs here) use the guitar fret noise, and fretting from the 24th fret (on A and D strings normally) slide down through the frets towards the open notes

I think on of The Four Horsemen - metallica guitar pro tabs has it
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Sep 8, 2009,
Which song are you transcribing? I'm wondering which song has a pick slide which is so important to the song that it's gotta be in the tab.
you can do it.
just type from where u want to slide, then press x and then do a slide downwards

e|---------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------|
G|22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-------------|
D|22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-------------|
A|22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------|
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Some people (who have submitted guitarpro tabs here) use the guitar fret noise, and fretting from the 24th fret (on A and D strings normally) slide down through the frets towards the open notes

+1
It's effective and gets the job done. Just write a little note denoting that it's a scrape, etc.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Which song are you transcribing? I'm wondering which song has a pick slide which is so important to the song that it's gotta be in the tab.

Bad Omen by Megadeth!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

I think on of The Four Horsemen - metallica guitar pro tabs has it

Thanks, this is a good substitute
Sorry for the bump on an old post, I just wanted to share the helpfulness of it. I recently read through this thread while trying to write a song of my own, unsure of how to get the best pick scraping sound out of Guitar Pro 5. I'd like to thank all of you for the ideas and tips.

Here's how it turned out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oIvh0TqiYc
I know at least one of the tabs for Muse's Hysteria just has numbers going down the neck.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB