hey UG

Does anybody have any experience with these things?? As i need something cheap to practice at night and they seem pretty good.

I'm currently looking at the lead version and the metal version, and i was wondering if they could be used to record simple riffs and ideas.

I don't really care much about sound quality as long as i can understand what Im playing. and if it does record what else would i need?

Thanks for your help
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I have the AC30 Amplug and I'm quite happy with it. I plugged some speakers in it and it's much better than the Marshall MG15 that I have here (not difficult tho.)

On my Marshall I can only use the bridge pickup to get a good defined sound, with the amplug I can use all and have a great sound, for a bedroom.
Quote by King Krapp
Once, I had just finished, and my dad knocks, walks in, and says "Wow, smells like chicken in here."
I own the classic rock amplug. I play it through my computer speakers along with backing tracks so I can hear them over myself and my family doesn't have a heart attack. Great little device. (Wish I'd gone AC30 though.)

EDIT: It actually gets beefy tones out of my MIM strat, more than I can say for the Crate and Line 6 amps I've played it through.
Last edited by Guitarfailwin at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by Guitarfailwin

EDIT: It actually gets beefy tones out of my MIM strat

+1 on that, beefy is the word.
Quote by King Krapp
Once, I had just finished, and my dad knocks, walks in, and says "Wow, smells like chicken in here."
i have the metal and the Ac30 ... i liek both .. theyre really articule and the metal is really beefy . but good to practice at night . and on the road , its perfect cause it fit in your case .

overall they are great thing for 40 $ .

better than the smokey amp and other crappy amp they make .

amplug sound great .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
ok thanks but how would i hook it up to a pc? and how do i record (if i can?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I have the metal version and use it with my traveler speedster when Im out and about....

Thing sounds fine and batteries don't die quick. I would get some kind of POD for direct recording just for more versatility. Maybe the aux on it can go from 1/8" to 1/8" into one of your PC inputs.

With the metal you have to know that you will live with at least a bit of dirt...it can't fully clean up, but then again why would you buy a metal amplug in hopes that it does clean well.

Not bad for the price and a very very portable mini-amp.
I use a 1/8 to 1/8 jack into the microphone input, cheap and easy.
It sounds pretty good, I don't like how hard the controls are to read, but at $40 I really can't complain.
hmm so if i just had a 1/8 to 1/8 jack i could record on my pc, ok thn
and i just need headphones.

thanks guys

just one more thing, what controls does it have?? and has any1 tried the new lead one, i hear it has delay
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
This thread is relevant to my interests.

I've been wondering about these...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i think the lead is like the metal, only they just added some delay, and more gain

hows the classic rock one?? could it give u and old guns n roses sound?? or led zepplin??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
I know a guy who plays the Metal amplug through the speaker instead of using his Spider III.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
haha that guy is a smart man
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat