I have a Stetsbar bridge on my Telecaster and although the bridge works well I can't intonate it properly because no matter which set of screw holes I use (There are two) My guitar always seems to be either too sharp or too flat even when the saddles are as far as they go. I could definitely fix this by drilling new screw holes in my guitar but I would like to take a less drastic approach first. Part of the bridge is like a tune o matic. So here's my question: Are there any tune o matics that have their thumbwheel holes off center so I can intonate properly? I will likely put the Stetsbar back on in the four screw mount which means my intonation will be flat so I need a tune o matic that sits closer to the nut.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Sep 8, 2009,
You change the intonation by moving the saddles, not the entire bridge. The bridge you are speaking of uses a tune-o-matic. Which has a screw for each saddle. All you have to do is turn the screw to move the saddles. Look up some info on adjusting intonation.
Quote by Matt420740
You change the intonation by moving the saddles, not the entire bridge. The bridge you are speaking of uses a tune-o-matic. Which has a screw for each saddle. All you have to do is turn the screw to move the saddles. Look up some info on adjusting intonation.

What he said.

The two screws (one on each side) adjust the action, not intonation

Under each string on the bridge you will notice a screw that is parallel to the body. You use those screws to adjust intonation
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Perhaps I should have worded this differently. I know how to intonate, Closer to the nut = Sharper, Further away = Flatter. I cannot get the bridge in proper intonation because the saddles are as far as they can go and not all strings can get into proper intonation. I'm looking for a tune o matic that has screw holes placed differently to compensate for this.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Sep 8, 2009,
The gotoh version of the TOM bridge has more intonation adjustment than the standard gibson style TOM. If your looking for a TOM with offset holes that would be something you would have to get a machine shop to make I think.
I think I'm going to end up just drilling new screw holes in my guitar when I get the chance. I don't think I'll be drilling new holes any time soon but I will end up buying a new TOM Bridge to replace the current one as the radius is wrong.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Could be a truss rod issue.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want to buy a new bridge, I know that the tonepros TOM is highly regarded. Gotoh makes a good bridge as well, but I don't know that it is one the level of the tonepros. Also, a design that I am quite fond of is the resomax bridge, you can order it through graphtech's website. Graphtech also has a tonepros bridge with string saver saddles, a pretty neat idea.

All of the above are really quality pieces if you want to do a little googling (is that a word?)