I'm about to own my first tube amp, and I think I'd feel safer with a proper surge protector/power conditioner (to clean up any dirty power; I sometimes get interference from other people using appliances), seeing as tubes are more fragile/finnicky than solid state. What would you guys recommend?
Quote by coolbeverage
I'm about to own my first tube amp, and I think I'd feel safer with a proper surge protector/power conditioner (to clean up any dirty power; I sometimes get interference from other people using appliances), seeing as tubes are more fragile/finnicky than solid state. What would you guys recommend?

Furman seems to be the go to brand, I'm happy with my phonic though. Anything with sufficient outlets and surge protection will do really.
I get bad interference when a certain light is turned on in my house. But its only that one light. Other than that I've never had any problems. Its not a must have, but its a good investment when you have the extra cash. Now if you have a lot of power lines close to your house, loads of flouresents, then it might just be a must have.
Furman
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Any decent surge protector will do. No need to get fancy. Either way, you get hit with lightning and you are most likely screwed.
Unless you were running some electric motors in your house or had a ton of old fluorescent light fixtures with the old style ballasts for some reason, both of which produce harmonics on the line, you are fine.

ps: electrician
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
So I'd be fine with one of the ones they sell at staples/bestbuy?

Edit: I got the Furman . The regular one (not the rack one) was pretty cheap.
Last edited by coolbeverage at Sep 11, 2009,