Hey UGers

im buying a mac for logic pro and that kinda blah blah stuff

but for recording guitar/ bass/ vox etc can i use my Boss BR-600 to plug into my mac and use it as an audio interface/ mixer?

or do i need to buy another audio interface with firewire etc?

thank you
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
I have a br-600 too and I may be getting a mac so I'm wondering the same question actually.. haha
I'm not familiar with this one, but it should hook up through the USB. Is it compatible with the OS you have? If so it should be fine.
well its got a USB transfer cable
and il be getting OSX snow leopard
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
You should be good to go. When you get your Mac, you should be able to get it going on Garage Band pretty easily. Sorry, I should have known you'd be getting the latest OS.
Taken from the Boss website

Downloads & Updates

BR-600 System Update Version 1.11
This is the latest operating system for the BR-600. Please refer to the "BR-600Ver1.11README.pdf" for the update procedure.

Note: This file is compressed and will need to be uncompressed after downloading. Windows users can use WinZip to uncompress the file. Macintosh users can us Stuffit Expander to uncompress the file.

You can get WinZip from the following link:http://winzip.com

You can get Stuffit Expander from the following link:http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/
BR-900/600 Rhythm Editor Version 1.00 (PC)
This is an application program for editing rhythm parameters of the BR-900CD/BR-600 on your computer.

System Requirements:
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP, Microsoft® Windows Vista®
* This does not work with the 64-bit Edition of Windows®.
CPU/Clock: Intel® Core™, Pentium® processor 2.6 GHz or higher
RAM: 512 MB or more
Hard Disk: 20 MB or more
Display/Colors: 1024 x 768 or higher / 65,536 colors (16 bit High Color) or more
BR-900/600 Rhythm Editor Version 1.00 (Mac)
This is an application program for editing rhythm parameters of the BR-900CD/BR-600 on your computer.

System Requirements:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later
CPU/Clock: Intel® Core™/Xeon™, PowerPC G5 1.6 GHz or higher
RAM: 512 MB or more
Hard Disk: 30 MB or more
Display/Colors: 1024 x 768 or higher / 32,000 colors or more

Judging by that, you should definitely be able to record the trakcs and then manipulate them etc in garageband/logic. I dunno will you be able to sue the BR as just an interface an record directly into one of the mac apps though. This question belongs more to the Riffs and Recordings Forum so i would suggest asking over there. Be sure to read the stickies first though

OK thanks guys
cheers jimmy il try there.

it would just save me having to fork out another £200 or so for a mixer lol
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic