fast enough for what?

You're not gunna be playing crysis with all the settings on max, for example...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Why get a 64-bit OS? I know it has like 4GB+ RAM, but I've always found 64-bit OS' troublesome...
Quote by KingJustinian25
Its fine since it's a duo core. If it was not a duo core it wouldn't be that fast...

so a good deal considering the rest of the spec?

how would this compare to a non dual core with 3 ghz?

Sorry for the noobish questions
Quote by Kyle.E
Why get a 64-bit OS? I know it has like 4GB+ RAM, but I've always found 64-bit OS' troublesome...

I think this "64 bit gives you troubles" talk is bologna. I've been running 64 bit Vista for years without a single issue. No driver problems, no crashes, no hangs, nothing. I also built my own PC.
Seems pretty low to me, but for 400 pounds I guess you get what you pay for.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by phat104u
I think this "64 bit gives you troubles" talk is bologna. I've been running 64 bit Vista for years without a single issue. No driver problems, no crashes, no hangs, nothing. I also built my own PC.

all the vista home premium stuff comes with a free upgrade to windows 7 which microsoft say is a lot better.

Could be worth a try
Quote by inlovewithmusic
how much ram does it have ...i couldnt find it on the page

4gb so no problem there
Quote by Dirge Humani
The CPU might limit the maximum potential you get out of that RAM though.

This... I'd have a hard time going for anything less than 2GHz these days.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Chilli 3000
so a good deal considering the rest of the spec?

how would this compare to a non dual core with 3 ghz?

Sorry for the noobish questions

it wont compare to a 3ghz dual core. its about half the speed, and the bus speed is going to be lower. its gonna be fast, but you will notice a BIG difference. especially if you ever try to do anything intensive on it, IE, gaming, recording.

recording should do fine, but you will definitely notice a difference.
at least 2ghz would be preferable but it will do well
I have the same Dell laptop with a Core 2 Duo that runs at 2ghz and I rarely go above 70% cpu useage, only while video editing

Quote by beneharris
it wont compare to a 3ghz dual core. its about half the speed, and the bus speed is going to be lower. its gonna be fast, but you will notice a BIG difference. especially if you ever try to do anything intensive on it, IE, gaming, recording.

recording should do fine, but you will definitely notice a difference.

he said NON-DUAL CORE
a dual core at 1.8ghz would be slightly faster than a single core at 3ghz
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
at least 2ghz would be preferable but it will do well
I have the same Dell laptop with a Core 2 Duo that runs at 2ghz and I rarely go above 70% cpu useage, only while video editing

he said NON-DUAL CORE
a dual core at 1.8ghz would be slightly faster than a single core at 3ghz

oooh, mis read it!
yeah people aren't realizing 1.8 DUO CORE isn't bad at all... they all probably think its a single core.

I have a 2.4 duo core and it does anything I want it to.. Oblivion of full settings easy. (Obviously it depends on ram and videocard too). You'll be fine with that for almost anything you want to do.
Quote by KingJustinian25
yeah people aren't realizing 1.8 DUO CORE isn't bad at all... they all probably think its a single core.

I have a 2.4 duo core and it does anything I want it to.. Oblivion of full settings easy. (Obviously it depends on ram and videocard too). You'll be fine with that for almost anything you want to do.

There is a BIG difference between 2.4 and 1.8. a 25% difference, in fact.
Quote by Dirge Humani
There is a BIG difference between 2.4 and 1.8. a 25% difference, in fact.

But not everyone needs to play Oblivion on full settings... I'm assuming hes using it for everyday use, and maybe like moderate gaming.