Ok, Ive been looking into getting an affordable tube amp lately to get a better tone and get a better sound for gigging. Ive been tempted by the B-52 at-112, but reading reviews the high failure rate worries me. Would I be better off saving up for a used 5150? I play stuff like Killswitch Engage, All That Remans, and Trivium mostly, and Im using a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser. Im just wondering if the B-52s are reliable or if I should save up for a Peavey. Thanks in advance.
i have the exact same thing goin through my head.
but im gonna get the b-52 just cos its great and the failure rate is just for stuff like blown fuses and such, nothing too big.

but if ud rather save for a peavey go for it
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Well, it just seems like a lot of hassle to keep going, and I could get a 212 5150 combo for a couple hundred more. So idk. Im thinking about going with the b-52 just cause its cheaper and I could get it as soon as I sell my PRS.
i figured the same thing, its cheaper and just as good so y not??
anyways these days the problems are fixed.
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
It depends on whether you have the ability to save your money... I don't know if I could But by all means go for the 5150.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Definitely hold out! Wasting your money only to get a better amp later is less than smart. 6505's (used to be 5150's) are very popular in the metal crowd. I personally don't like their tone (Orange Thunderverb all the way!) but All That Remains plays thru them as does Tuck from Bullet for my Valentine, and Travis from Atreyu.

Dont buy a B-52. Hold out!
-Ibanez js1200
-Epiphone Les Paul w/ Invader in bridge
-Alvarez acoustic
-Orange Thunderverb 50w w/ 1x12 cab
-Vox Satchurator
-Ibanez ts-9
-Pod x3
-Apple Logic Studio

www.purevolume.com/stoplooklisten
Yeah, saving is a bit of an issue for me lol, especially when there are good pawn shops around...
5150. The B52 has better cleans, but it doesnt get heavy enough for what you want
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Think of it this way minchew, not one record has a B-52 recorded on it, but dozens of metal records have 6505's. I dont know your background so I apologize if I am insulting your intelligence but the longer you play the more you pick out artifacts and harmonics that you know should not be there in lower end amps. Take your time, do your research and make a confident purchase. I looked at amps for a good 6 months b4 deciding on the Thunderverb 50 ($2300) and I never looked back. Making a substantial purchase and regretting it is one of the worst feelings you will ever have. Trust me, I speak from experience.
-Ibanez js1200
-Epiphone Les Paul w/ Invader in bridge
-Alvarez acoustic
-Orange Thunderverb 50w w/ 1x12 cab
-Vox Satchurator
-Ibanez ts-9
-Pod x3
-Apple Logic Studio

www.purevolume.com/stoplooklisten
Yeah, Everyone raves about B-52s so I thought I would ask. I havent had a chance to play one myself because I dont live anywhere near any kind of guitarcenter or anything, and Im considering the 5150 because, as you said, there are dozens of metal bands that have used it and I have an idea what I would be getting. Thanks for all the responses guys.