I can't go past volume 5 on my Peavey, nor could the recent owner go to higher volumes on his amp either. So this leads me to believe its the guitar. I can put the guitar up to my mouth, and talk into the pickups, and hear it threw the amp. Not yelling, but raising my voice. I also get INSANE FEEDBACK. Not regular feedback, insane. I really want to stress that, because people say its regular feedback. This can't be. It does it when Im in another room, not facing the amp. Could someone either tell me they are, or arent michrophonic, and how I go about fixing this.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i reckon theres a wiring problem somewhere, spend a little getting the whole thing rewired and it should be fine. if that doesnt work, invest in good pickups.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
somthins wrong with the pups or wiring
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I can hear myself a little bit if i yell thru my pickups. More annoying is I am able to pick up radio stations.. if I put my hand over the pickup and push the strings down to where they almost touch and point the neck up in the air some sports station comes thru perfect.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
sounds like they might be microphonic, yeah. if you like the tone of the pickups other than the microphonics, you could pot them or pay a pickup manufacturer or luthier to wax pot them for you, but if you're so-so on the current pickups it wouldn't cost all that much more to upgrade them, as there's not much point in putting money into pickups you don't much like.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I also suggest upgrading them. If it's the Les Paul, make sure the solder joint that connects the pickup cover is good as that can cause the issues you're describing if it's a cold joint or nonexistent all together. Also sounds like the ground wire to the bridge could be loose.
Quote by JMeasles
I can hear myself a little bit if i yell thru my pickups. More annoying is I am able to pick up radio stations.. if I put my hand over the pickup and push the strings down to where they almost touch and point the neck up in the air some sports station comes thru perfect.

What are you complaining about? A guitar AND radio?! Awesome combo tbh. Try to get some music station and start soloing over the songs
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX - Vintage white w/ red tort pickguard
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox DA5 Classic
Valencia C-60 Classical
I can pick up the local classic rock station with my wah engaged on my marshall....I have actually turned it on like that to listen to it lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
It sounds like you've definitely got some microphonic pickups on your hands! I don't know if you're the tinkering/DIY type, but wax-potting is a stupidly simple and remarkable easy task if you're up for it. It only takes a few dollars worth of wax and about an hour of your time, and at the end of the day your pickups will be rock solid no matter how much gain or volume you use!

However, in this case, as in all others, listen to Dave Mc: if you don't really dig your current pickups anyways, just go for the upgrade. If you're satisfied, however, wax-potting is extremely easy.
Quote by forsaknazrael
If it happens when the guitar isn't by the amp, I'd say it's more likely that the preamp tubes are microphonic.

Try lightly tapping on the top of the preamp tubes, with an pencil's eraser, when nothing is plugged in, but the amp is on. If you can plainly hear it...I'd say they're microphonic.

Or this ^^. Good to see you here forsaknazrael! What's been going on in GB&C for the last few months? It's been a while since I made my way over there...
Quote by lumberjack

However, in this case, as in all others, listen to Dave Mc:

hehe, i don't know everything, far from it. Cheers, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?