Which are the amps that give the best/most distortion? for stuff like the devil wears prada and as i lay dying, basically metalcore.
im lookin to get a amp, and an amp that would cost around 300 or 350. thnx
do you gig or just play at home?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i will play at home at first since i havent played for like 3 months now, but i used 2 play with my friend whos a drummer and idk maybe i might you know, gig
I suggest to save more to get a Blackstar HT-5 with an EQ Pedal and Overdrive pedal, however you won't be able to gig with it. (if you're for sure gigging, don't get the HT-5).

If you go used, you can get more. A list I'd suggest would be (if you go used):

Ampeg VH140C
B-52 AT-112
Peavey Ultra
Peavey VTM
Peavey Butcher
Laney AOR

If you stretch your budget, you could get more if you go used, like a Carvin X100B, Line 6 Flextone III.

If you go new, look at:

Peavey Vypyr 75
Peavey Bandit

If you have a guitar with EMG's or any active pickup, I'd avoid the amps that are in bold.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I suggest to save more to get a Blackstar HT-5, however you won't be able to gig with it.

No, you definitely don't want an HT-5 for Metalcore unless you plan to use an Overdrive or Distortion pedal along with it.

TS, a Peavey Vypyr would work for you as mentioned above... and if you don't use pedals then this might be your best option.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
No, you definitely don't want an HT-5 for Metalcore unless you plan to use an Overdrive or Distortion pedal along with it.

TS, a Peavey Vypyr would work for you as mentioned above... and if you don't use pedals then this might be your best option.
That's what I was going to edit in but you kind of beat me to it.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
That's what I was going to edit in but you kind of beat me to it.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Wouldnt having active pickups make the vypyr or the ones in bold better? cuz im lookin to get an ibanez ART320 or something like that.
Quote by crimson205
Wouldnt having active pickups make the vypyr or the ones in bold better? cuz im lookin to get an ibanez ART320 or something like that.

Not necessarily... it wouldn't make them worse but they won't reach their full potential through a modeling amp (most of the time).
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by crimson205

active pickups are meant for tube amps.

I would recommend the b-52 at-112
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by crimson205
ok so if i were to get the b-52 112 would active pickups be great as well?

yeah, but many people still prefer passives because for the most part actives eliminate the tonal qualities of your actual guitar
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Cool. So if i were to get the b-52, is it expensive to mainain tube amps? and they say they have some failures often, id say. What do you know about that?