ive been going all over this forum and im trying to learn theory at least somewhat but i need to know where do i start
Quote by boobinski
ive been going all over this forum and im trying to learn theory at least somewhat but i need to know where do i start

Have you ever taken lessons?

can you read music?

I would start there. Get some experience 1st. Get a handle on the basics.
shred is gaudy music
I vouch for zhilla.

Also the top 4 threads in here are you. lol. At least you're asking the questions.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by Ribcage
I vouch for zhilla.

Also the top 4 threads in here are you. lol. At least you're asking the questions.

thank you and i apologize for all of the threads its hard to get an answer that is applyable you know?
Quote by boobinski
thank you and i apologize for all of the threads its hard to get an answer that is applyable you know?

that's because your trying to learn everything from scratch online rather than from a qualified teacher and/or book. There is limited structure here. There are opinions and some info that you have to piece together yourself, which IMO is the worst place to start. You need to have a solid foundation 1st. Then the bits and pieces of info and opinions online will make more sense and be useful to you.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Sep 8, 2009,
If you really want a good theory lesson, check the lesson in Sue's signature. I'll try to dig it up for you. It's long, and you should take a while looking through it (as in, you shouldn't even READ it in a day, let alone try to learn it. take it slow). I'll edit this post if I can find a post by her to copy it from...

A Great Theory Lesson

^^^There you go.
Last edited by timeconsumer09 at Sep 8, 2009,
First thing to do is learn the notes on the fretboard.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First learn about intervals and chord construction
George Bernard Shaw

Hell is full of musical amateurs.
If you really searched the forum, and you bop around to MT... you might have noticed the thread at number 8... its got a lock on it but you may still be able to read it, dunno... give it a shot... just click