Hi, I am very tempted by the guitar kits on themusicking.co.uk, especially the Telecater style one, and i was wondering, what are the best relatively cheap humbucker pickups that i could fit to this when i build it?
I play rock, grunge and nu-metal music, the body is made of basswood and the neck maple, can anyone help?
I was also wondering what would be the best Tremolo to fit to it would be? again, relatively inexpensive,
thanks

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/build-your-own-electric-guitar-t-style-left-or-right-handed
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Last edited by TomG10-7 at Sep 8, 2009,
don't buy kits ever even a guy who works at guitar center agrees with me on this the guitars and amps in them are always not as good as the seperate ones
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
When you say trem, are you planning on going with a Bigsby or some other surface mount trem? If not a lot of work would be involved to route it out for the trem that imo is not worth it. Adding humbuckers is pretty easy though, as you can do it with a Dremel and some patience and a new bridge. which given the bridge that comes with it looks like crap, it wouldn't be a bad idea...

EDIT: I also agree those kit guitars can be hit or miss and the parts on them are generally junk.
Last edited by CJRocker at Sep 8, 2009,
what you want to do will require alot of routig to be done, the best recomendation would be to look for a king v or strat kit which should not require any routing to be done
Quote by pacsabbath25
don't buy kits ever even a guy who works at guitar center agrees with me on this the guitars and amps in them are always not as good as the seperate ones

Did you even look at the thing?

It's a unassembled guitar, that you buy and put together.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt

Did you even look at the thing?

It's a unassembled guitar, that you buy and put together.

exactly, nothing that comes with it will actually be put on, just the body and maybe pickguard will be used
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

wowo this looks like alot of fun, im lovin the thinline tele, thats been like my favorite guitar evarr. but you have to cut the headstock yourself, i thin thatd be hard personaly
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by pacsabbath25

That's right, a Guitar Center employee said so, so it must be true!

When it comes to the humbuckers, you will probably have to do a bit of cutting to make them fit. If you want cheap ones that don't sound absolutely horrible then it might be worth it to check out some Seymour Duncan "Duncan Designed" humbuckers. My first guitar had a pair of HB-102 and they sounded pretty nice.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King