Page 1 of 5
Biggest joke I've heard. So Basically:

'A TEENAGE girl attempting to sail solo around the world who collided with a ship less than 24 hours into her trip wants to carry on with the voyage.

Jessica Watson, 16, set sail on Ella's Pink Lady from the Sunshine Coast yesterday morning after more than a year of preparation.

The Sunshine Coast schoolgirl was attempting become the youngest person to sail solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world.

A spokesman for the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said her yacht collided with a bulk carrier shortly before 2.30am, about 15 nautical miles due east of Point Lookout, on North Stradbroke Island.'

Hows she think she can sail around the world when she can't even last a day without hitting something. women can't drive anything...

edit: link http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26047924-952,00.html

I live close to where this girl is from and it was just built up for months and months. Then after all that build up she lasts a day.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Sep 8, 2009,
That girl is a f*cking n00b.
Seriously, those 'youngest person to...' records are just gonna get some poor kid killed by parents attempting to live vicariously.
Last edited by MightyAl at Sep 8, 2009,
Firstly, link please?

If she trained that long I'm sure she's capable and it was just some other factor involved and not just "lol she can't do it"

Also women can't drive anything? I know it was a joke but it just makes guys look stupid when you say those kinda things so don't please.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
a 13 yeard old girl from denmark was going to do that last month before child protection steped in and got custody of her
Quote by MightyAl
That girl is a f*cking n00b.
Seriously, those 'youngest person to...' records are just gonna get some poor kid killed by parents attempting to live vicariously through them.

while thts true, it isnt the case in this situation, this time its just a girl that doesnt realize too much confidence is a bad thing.
"Daddy, I am sooo getting on that boat around the world..."

To be honest, I feel sorry she couldn't do it. But come on... 24 hours in? You'd think someone who had the audacity to attempt a circumnavigation could go at least longer than a day.
There was a 13 year old girl that wanted to do it, they're getting her mentally and physically screened to see if she can do it

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Venice King
Also women can't drive anything? I know it was a joke but it just makes guys look stupid when you say those kinda things so don't please.

It's not a joke if it's true.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

"A TEENAGE girl attempting to sail solo around the world who collided with a ship less than 24 hours into her trip wants to carry on with the voyage."

私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
kudos to her for attempting something that challenging, it's a model of the human spirit.

however, i would suggest she first do it assisted, then solo.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
while thts true, it isnt the case in this situation, this time its just a girl that doesnt realize too much confidence is a bad thing.

Maybe not in THIS case, but records are there to be broken, and you're just going to see younger and younger kids attempting this, and they'll be less capable, both physically and mentally, of standing up to the challenge.
Quote by dancesisidance
There was a 13 year old girl that wanted to do it, they're getting her mentally and physically screened to see if she can do it

IIRC, didn't the Dutch authorities take the girl into care to prevent her setting off?
Guys none of you have any idea what happened.

She didn't just drive into the ship. She would have been taking a sleep break.
Quote by MightyAl
Maybe not in THIS case, but records are there to be broken, and you're just going to see younger and younger kids attempting this, and they'll be less capable, both physically and mentally, of standing up to the challenge.

oh yes i know, i wasnt disagreeing, it is a very disappointing truth.
Quote by Le_Bunny
That's a joke, why? It's more ambitious and daring than anything you'd ever do, TS. Get a life.

way to miss a point man
She can collide with my ship if she wants to.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
TS, do you always accomplish things on the first try?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Le_Bunny
That's a joke, why? It's more ambitious and daring than anything you'd ever do, TS. Get a life.

You maybe right, but if she does attempt it again, I hope she is willing to fork out the money for the rescue.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
A: Where in the heck did a 16 year old girl get a yacht?
B: How does she just run into another boat? Does she not know how to drive a boat?
Last edited by Alex Vik at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik
A: Where in the heck did a 16 year old girl get a yacht?
B: How does she just run into another boat? Does she not know how to drive a boat?

A. Personal investment, huge sponsors.
B. I imagine she was either sleeping/cooking etc. You don't just drive into a freighter.
I like that the boat was entirely pink.

I think I might be able to guess who picked the colour scheme...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
A. Personal investment, huge sponsors.
B. I imagine she was either sleeping/cooking etc. You don't just drive into a freighter.

Who would sponsor this?
No, but I'd imagine you'd stop the boat if you were going to go do something other than drive it.
If she set off from Point Lookout, I hope she's watching out for Mirelurks.

And "Bulk carrier" my muscular buttocks, she collided with the USS Ozymandias.
That's pretty stupid. container ships go on designated routes for that exact reason.

It doesn't help she will be associated with the gender stereotyping as well.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Alex Vik
Who would sponsor this?
No, but I'd imagine you'd stop the boat if you were going to go do something other than drive it.

The boat company, her equipment providers etc. I imagine the boat will be hers, but equipment will have been sponsored.

And there's nothing saying she didn't stop the boat. The freighter might have hit her for all we know.
TS, you are such a loser. For christ's sake man, she's out trying to do something hard as hell and you're here ragging on her on the internet. Yeah, you're cool

When it comes down to it, it's hard as hell to do. You can't sleep until you get into the deep sea, otherwise you run the risk of hitting another boat, like she did. It was a freak accident, and she is still really awesome for trying it.

Just what the fuck have you done to make you so cool?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
TS, you are such a loser. For christ's sake man, she's out trying to do something hard as hell and you're here ragging on her on the internet. Yeah, you're cool

When it comes down to it, it's hard as hell to do. You can't sleep until you get into the deep sea, otherwise you run the risk of hitting another boat, like she did. It was a freak accident, and she is still really awesome for trying it.

Do you really have no sense of humour whatsoever?
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Wulphy

He stayed home instead of making himself look like a moron by saying 'i know how to sail a yacht' then crashing into another boat on the first day.
Quote by Wulphy

I haven't crashed a yacht into a bulk carrier.
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
I was and still am rooting for her success.
ITT a shitload of jealous bastards.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
she was on a boat.

and hit a boat.
while on a boat
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
(Invalid img)

*reported* I don't care to see that in every post you make.
If you can't do any better than that crawl on back to /b/ asshole.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I was and still am rooting for her success.
ITT a shitload of jealous bastards.

+1
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 5