ok heres the dealio,

this morning i disconnected my ipod while it was charging but not syncronising as i was in a rush but this has happened a few times before and nothing bad has happened.

all my music is gone but my ipod still has 40 or so gigs in the 'other' bit in my ipod. is there anyway to get that back? because im pretty sure that 40 gigs in the other section is my music with something wrong with it.

a friend said that if i connect my ipod then go to my computer and go to my ipod and see all the files in it, i might be able to drag them all in itunes and get them all back.

im at school at the moment and don't know if this is going to work. will it? is there another way or am i back to square 1?

THANKS ALOT!!!

Reset the settings in iTunes or w/e
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

If the files are on your ipod, why aren't they on your computer? Just put them all back on.

I doubt the iPod deleted 40 gigabytes of music all by itself. Try pressing the middle button and menu to reset it.
Quote by Helloween4Ever
resync it.

and you dont need to bold and italic random words

How do i resyn it? and thanks alot man
if your at school i you cant, but when you get home plug it back in and just put the stuff on again. happened with my archos, and it worked fine after. but try holding down the middle button and reseting it first
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
my music isnt all on my itunes because it took too much space, is that what you're asking me to do?
also i did reset it
Quote by Tster
my music isnt all on my itunes because it took too much space, is that what you're asking me to do?
also i did reset it

so, did reseting it work? im guessing not lol. so i think you can just drag it to your itunes, then upload it again then delete it. it should work, but i dont use ipods lol.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
thnaks alot man. its lunch time now so i goota jit but thanks for the help. ill see if it works tonight.
This has happened to me, use an ipod ripping software, like senuti. Generally they will recognise the music files.

There is also another method, involving going through unhidden files, but i dont know much about that.

Anyway, try the ripping softwatre, and in the meantime sticky the ipod thread for yourself, in case you have more problems

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884233

EDIT:
Quote by Helloween4Ever
so, did reseting it work? im guessing not lol. so i think you can just drag it to your itunes, then upload it again then delete it. it should work, but i dont use ipods lol.

Im pretty positive this wont work.
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Sep 8, 2009,
i had to restore it. i should have tried ripping it first.
its bad times
That happened to me, I lost all the music
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way