I've been listening to a lot of Black Sabbath today, and I started thinking. Does Tony Iommi use a fuzz? Or just a dark, Bitish amp and overdrive?

Also, any think else regarding his pedalboard would be very much appreciated
Laney Supergroup and a Laney Klipp head, I think... or one of them. In the early days he might've used Orange/Matamp heads. He uses a Tycobrahe wah.

Unfortunately, I don't know that much about Iommi, but I do know a bit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
No fuzz, just a Laney Supergroup/Klipp and a Rangemaster.
now Im pretty sure he uses his Laney signature amp...in the early days he used an Orange amp and a treble booster
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Raijouta
Laney Supergroup and a Laney Klipp head, I think... or one of them. In the early days he might've used Orange/Matamp heads. .

A) Supergroup on Black Sabbath and Paranoid, Klipp on Masters of Reality, Vol. 4, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was a mix of the two, IIRC.

Never used Matamp or Orange.
Quote by Otsugua713
now Im pretty sure he uses his Laney signature amp...in the early days he used an Orange amp and a treble booster

No, he never used orange save once on live TV.
really? never used an orange?...ha...learn something new everyday i suppose
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by imgooley
No, he never used orange save once on live TV.

That's the one I was thinking of. Thanks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by imgooley
No fuzz, just a Laney Supergroup/Klipp and a Rangemaster.

Was the Rangemaster the treble booster I think I read he used on Paranoid?
Quote by CJRocker
Was the Rangemaster the treble booster I think I read he used on Paranoid?

Yes.
he never used a fuzz, but, I can get some pretty sweet Sabbath tones from a Big Muff Pi
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk