Page 1 of 2
wtfffff

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/171002/t-pain-iphone-app-lets-you-auto-tune-for-299/

death to music in action. the auto-tune is spreading everyone. It even hit the super amazing genre of crabcore

Man the harpoons, and discuss.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Last edited by GODhimself37 at Sep 8, 2009,
I heard about this.

It's just for fun, I'm sure, it's not like anybody can seriously think they're a musician because they can't sing.
T-Pain fail

yes?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
T-Pain seems like a pretty cool guy. I mean, he was in an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and I'm on a Boat. The man obviously knows how to take a joke.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
oh man, I'm so buying that to screw with folks at work...

Some guys in the gym were listening to a bunch of autotune garbage over the speakers a few days ago, I nearly lost my lunch for the 20 minutes I had to deal with it. The only time I can handle it is YouTube videos like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0OzxvClwoU
Last edited by LordSephiroth at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by chaoticfables
But then what's the point? Everyone would sound the same.

Then you know nothing about auto-tune or vocoders.

Auto-tune simply takes your voice to the nearest defined note. Autotune uses your actual voice, so you need to be able to sing in order to use it well. It will put a slight effect on your voice, but a lot of the tone is still your vocal timbre.

A vocoder pretty much removes all tone from your voice, and applies whatever effect to it, and can be controlled, by say, a keyboard.
Quote by CTFOD
T-Pain seems like a pretty cool guy. I mean, he was in an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and I'm on a Boat. The man obviously knows how to take a joke.

+1

He'll cap you and tell you a witty story at the same time.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by GODhimself37
wtfffff

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/171002/t-pain-iphone-app-lets-you-auto-tune-for-299/

death to music in action. the auto-tune is spreading everyone. It even hit the super amazing genre of crabcore

Man the harpoons, and discuss.

The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
its not an auto tune, its an envelop filter, or comb filter... same sort of thing though I geuss.

Pretty cool I'd say, but annoying on every other Cher song.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by -tempest-
i lol'd

hopefully everyone got that as a joke. hence the rolleyes smiley
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
That's pretty awesome.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by CTFOD
Exactly. I don't like his music, but he's the first mutha ****er to pull off the top hat look since Lincoln.

Plus this App is awesome. I'd buy the **** out of it if I had an iphone.

Plus he has a huge chain that says "Big Ass Chain." That's in my top 5 favorite things that I've seen.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 9, 2009,
why are we maning the harpoons? And as much as I hate that auto tune crap t-pain was on ATHF, so I can't hate on him to much.
Quote by CTFOD

Yeah, I agree.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
auto tune with death metal screaming, what would that sound like?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by CTFOD

He's a really sound artist.

Once you get away from the singles and into the album tracks, it gets a bit more diverse aswell. He had a couple of tracks on 'Epiphany' about HIV awareness, and songs about world change and depression on his new album.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by element4433
Exactly. I don't like his music, but he's the first mutha ****er to pull off the top hat look since Lincoln.

Quote by element4433
Plus he has a huge chain that says "Big Ass Chain." That's in my top 5 favorite things that I've seen.

I'll raise you a big ass clock that another douchebag with too much money wears
Slash is lame and the clock look is sooo 1992
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've seen T-Pain drum before and he's WAY better at that then Autotuning.

He's one of the few mainstream hip-hop stars I actually respect, and he can actually take a joke
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
your grandma caught you jackin off to friends??!!?!
im not too shocked

Quote by ThinDizzy
+1 Internets to you, sir.

My first intarwebz
Ibanez GRG170>2008 MIM strat (Its my dad's though)>Random 90's Randall tube (My dad's)>GatorGrip2mm

>

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by element4433
Slash is lame and the clock look is sooo 1992

Agree on all points, just saying that's kind of his look. Maybe this is more to your liking?

I just don't get the point of spending money for the sake of spending money, I'm too lame
This is further proof that rappers have no talent.

THEY NEED DEVICES TO BE ABLE TO SING IN TUNE!?

My god, all the ****ing assholes that give these no-talent losers so much money need to learn what real music is.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Scopic
This is further proof that rappers have no talent.

THEY NEED DEVICES TO BE ABLE TO SING IN TUNE!?

My god, all the ****ing assholes that give these no-talent losers so much money need to learn what real music is.

I think reading that post just killed half of my brain.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I think that's awesome, it's a really cool sound and it's very creative the uses it has been put to. Though I think Slash wears the top hat better.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think reading that post just killed half of my brain.

"[50 Cent]
Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a ****
It's not your birthday!

[Chorus] (2x)
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come give me a hug if you into to getting rubbed"

Explain to me how that **** makes any sense and sounds good at all?

I think it's that horrible genre that killed half your brain.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Scopic
"[50 Cent]

I think he was referring to your complete ignorance as to what autotune actually is. It doesn't fix the pitch of your voice, it's an effect that makes it sound differently. Next time, know what you're talking about before spouting ignorance all over the internet.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
I think he was referring to your complete ignorance as to what autotune actually is. It doesn't fix the pitch of your voice, it's an effect that makes it sound differently. Next time, know what you're talking about before spouting ignorance all over the internet.

Some autotuners do correct pitch (Melodyne) but they preserve the transients and ****, Antares Autotune just flattens it all out so there is no variance in the notes.

Although I agree, its mainly an effect than a correction tool.
Quote by Scopic
"[50 Cent]
Go, go, go, go
Go, go, go shawty
It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a ****
It's not your birthday!

[Chorus] (2x)
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come give me a hug if you into to getting rubbed"

You can discredit any genre you want to by finding one song that fits your narrow, idiotic ignorance towards it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

That's true, if they were just using it for pitch correction then you wouldn't be able to notice it, they use it to acheive the sound, and if that poster had read the link posted in the OP he'd have seen that T-pain does songs without auto-tune. And lyrics from a different artist have nothing to do with vocal effects anyway.
Page 1 of 2